Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Many of you saw that we dropped some spy pics of our soon to be released front mount intercooler.

Here are some up to date pictures of our two prototypes. One will be going on the White AMS GT-R and the other will be for display at Sema.

Pricing and availability is still not yet determined:

Some more pictures compared and installation:)

Eric

·
Registered
102 Posts
Very Nice!!!!!

Eric are you guys able to tune with the new rpm-boost controlled tune?

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
let us know the specs with that 700hp beast of yours! i would like to know pressure loss and efficiency percentage at specified rpm for that horsepower. i don't have the specs on the greddy or the forged but nothing else out there looks that great overall for this high power. I really think that AMS really know what they are doing when it comes to cooling of which this beast has a big problem dealing with (imho).

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
very nice. cant wait to get my hands on one. polish the end tanks and mount the ams logo, and thats it..

·
Registered
865 Posts
...NICE!

Yeah the pollished version would be sweet as well as a nice alum-plated fan-dangly-BLING_BLING AMS badge on the top of it...somwhere.

Erm, without knowing much of the superior characteristics of your new snazzy product but what are the advantages compared to say...others or stock (yeah, I do not know much about intercoolers...thanks) in order for me to part with my beloved ¥。.

·
NAGTROC design team
2,827 Posts
Nice going guys! Do you guys cast all your stuff? Top quality for sure!!!

Bar and plate with cast inlets/outlets.....I don't think you can get any better on the quality of this intercooler. Definitely worth the extra coin. (whatever that may be)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I cant wait to see this in person............... wait that will be tomorrow!!!

Great job guys

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you guys!

We will be offering polishing on this core along with a stencil of our logo.
The AMS logo is casted into the end tanks as well.

This is the same core construction used in all of our applications. Our IC cores have been proven to take over 1100whp and 8 sec time slips in other models we work with. The GT-R core is not different. By utilizing cast end tanks (much like the casting in our downpipes) we can get away with internal flow design previously unatainable with sheetmetal or hand fabricated cores.

As far as price. I think you will be very surprised. Even with this sold construction, rock solid reliability and one of the best cores on the market today.....it will be priced very well. You can expect this unit to be CHEAPER than say a Greddy or others.

Eric

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
This is good news for those who are looking for reliable power at an affordable cost.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Looks great guys!

-Patrick

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Eric great job as usual. Great to hear you were able to keep the cost down when compared to the other brands on the market.

Does the intercooler fit in the OEM location and retain the OEM shroud? Have you found that any trimming is needed to fit?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I can't wait for its release

Gr8 work AMS

keep it up

1 - 20 of 44 Posts