Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
We just turned the wick up on Franks white GT-R and upgraded him from our SR750 package to our SR850 Pacakge

The results were AWESOME! all runs are on UNLEADED race gas!!!

The spool time is insane! 600 ft pounds of torque by 3500 rpm!!
700 ft lbs by 4000 RPM!!

so everyone is clear the packages will contain the following:

SR750 package

AMS upgraded turbos
Upgraded actuators
Upgraded fuel injectors
AMS Front mount intercooler
AMS 3" intercooler piping
HKS BOV's
AMS 90mm downpipes
AMS 90mm midpipe
AMS 90mm exhaust
AMS large diameter intake pipes
Cobb AP tuner
AMS Custom AP Mapping

SR850 Package:
everything listed on the SR750 Package
Upgraded AMS fuel system
Custom AMS Race Gas mapping

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
28 psi!?
is it tuned with haltech?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
congrats DragonGTR & AWESOME job AMS!! Can't wait to see the times this beast puts down!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

·
Kick_arse
1,025 Posts
That is just jaw dropping, never taught we would see such a curve on the GTR, man I cant even imagine what it would feel to drive that, amazing work AMS, hope you guys figure out the Tranny.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
those upgraded turbo's must really flow.... +1 on the question on tranny... hows driveability/lag?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Can the internals take that kind of boost over the long haul?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
F-in sick,Drago you got to be jumping up and down congrats AMS
TIM
Thanks Tim

Your right I can't wait to see how she runs at the TX2k10 and the Texas Mile.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Congrats! Hey Frank what did you end up doing with your diff?
Thanks Chris

Actually we haven't done any upgrades to the diff yet, Just the trans. I think we are all in the same boat since we don't yet know all the limits of many of the GT-R's components so that may be a upgrade in the near future along with a few others that I know AMS is working on.

: )

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
its pretty cool man... not as cool as "Hot tub time machine" (the movie).... but cool overall...

stock tranny can handle about 650whp?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Can the internals take that kind of boost over the long haul?
Good question! And the only answer I can give is I don't know. I'm sure Eric will chime in how agressive of a tune this was but knowing them I'm sure they still left something on the table.

I guess this is something we will all learn along the way and as time goes on. I plan on running less power than this for everyday driving. I think the 93 octane numbers will be the DD power level were looking at- which still is great power for daily use and I know chris said he was still conservative with that tune!

I know I and AMS don't really believe in agressive pump gas maps...There's no real reason for it if your just using the car to drive around in. If you want to get agressive I think it's always better to put the good stuff in!!

When this car hits the track..... Race gas will be in her for sure this year!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts