Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Many of you have been following our threads on some of the new products we are working on. The two that have gained the most attention are the AMS bolt on turbo upgrades and also our new Cast downpipes. Well we finally got some time to do some testing and tuning thanks to Sharif and the guys over at Forged Performance.

Below is a dyno of our project GT-R. The modifications could not be any simpler.

You will see two plots

The red plot has the following modifications:
93 Octane pump gas
AMS Turbo's
850cc injectors
AMS Mid pipe and exhaust
STOCK DOWNPIPES WITH CATS
Cobb Access port with an AMS/Forged Performance tune

HKS EVC
Forge Actuators

587 whp and 555 ft lbs of torque

The blue plot is the same car but now with our new Cast Downpipes...WOW!!!!!

The turbo's are spooling 500 rpm quicker and the mid range is just INSANE!!! Previously at 3500 rpm we were seeing about 10 psi of boost. With the downpipes we are now seeing 20! up top you can see a 25 - 25 whp gain just about EVERYWHERE!

AFR's also went a decent amount leaner which is a sign they are workign as they are moving more air.

We need to tweak the map a bit and clean up the AFR's and throw some more timing at it but right now these turbos, exhaust are working exactly like we had hoped!!!

Eric

·
Registered
751 Posts
Impressive as always Eric! Great work guys. I look forward to seeing the car next week

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
very nice! what about haltech? its out soon. underpressure had some testing in his thread.

also how come the ssp and hennessey have upward of 700whp or so and your kit doesnt. not that it wont do that. just wanted a clairification.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
keep in mind they are running more boost and have more supporting mods as well like FMIC etc

This is a bare bones build

Also that is not totally tuned. We have a lot on the table. This was just preliminary testing

Edit: and the customer has expressed interest in Haltech

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Many of you have been following our threads on some of the new products we are working on. The two that have gained the most attention are the AMS bolt on turbo upgrades and also our new Cast downpipes. Well we finally got some time to do some testing and tuning thanks to Sharif and the guys over at Forged Performance.

Below is a dyno of our project GT-R. The modifications could not be any simpler.

You will see two plots

The red plot has the following modifications:
93 Octane pump gas
AMS Turbo's
850cc injectors
AMS Mid pipe and exhaust
STOCK DOWNPIPES WITH CATS
Cobb Access port with an AMS/Forged Performance tune

HKS EVC
Forge Actuators

587 whp and 555 ft lbs of torque

The blue plot is the same car but now with our new Cast Downpipes...WOW!!!!!

The turbo's are spooling 500 rpm quicker and the mid range is just INSANE!!! Previously at 3500 rpm we were seeing about 10 psi of boost. With the downpipes we are now seeing 20! up top you can see a 25 - 25 whp gain just about EVERYWHERE!

AFR's also went a decent amount leaner which is a sign they are workign as they are moving more air.

We need to tweak the map a bit and clean up the AFR's and throw some more timing at it but right now these turbos, exhaust are working exactly like we had hoped!!!

Eric
still about $1500

looks really good

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
for reference, what kinds of #s do you think we'd see from a stock gtr if one were dyno'd on the same dyno/same time?
I'll let Eric chime in with the exact #s but if memory serves me right it made about 430awhp. I can't remember the ft lbs.

·
Petrolhead
129 Posts
Great!

Keep it up, my GT-R will still take a while to arrive, I'm sure you guys are ready with the majority of upgrades by Q1 2010, then I just have to break-in the car and get some of this on mine...

Hope you can service the European market by then...

Ben

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Erick,
Very impressive work you guys,

I would like to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1- What was your base boost on the run?
2- Was this run done with the stock Mid Pipe(Huge Restriction), Stock Exhaust?
3- you mentioned an earlier boost with the down pipe but do you see an overall increase in boost with them?
4- How do you compare the AMS to the HKS Down pipe. in another word, if i have the HKS downpipes(Turbo Outlet)
is it worth it switching to the AMS from the HKS D/P?

Regards,

·
Registered
19 Posts
I seem to like the ams kits so far.

Hi Erick,

3- you mentioned an earlier boost with the down pipe but do you see an overall increase in boost with them?
4- How do you compare the AMS to the HKS Down pipe. in another word, if i have the HKS downpipes(Turbo Outlet)

Regards,

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Erick,

Regards,
IN regards to what the car dyno'd stock I will have to check our records on monday.

Base boost was 22psi peak on both runs
This had our midpipe on both runs. The first had the stock downpipes with cat's and the the second had our downpipes with no cats
With the boost controller we have installed it will adjust so it doesn't run more boost. Peak was 22psi on both runs
honestly I would have to see the HKS downpipes. I have no personal experience with them and I hate making a product comparison without hard evidence one way or the other. I will say i don't know of any other downpipes that are 90mm...but again I could be mistaken.

Eric

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We can most certainly help you out. We ship all over the world and we have dealers set up in your area that can service you directly
Once of my biggest dealers in actually located not too far from you in Denmark. http://www.amsperformance.dk/default.asp?ID=2

Great!

Keep it up, my GT-R will still take a while to arrive, I'm sure you guys are ready with the majority of upgrades by Q1 2010, then I just have to break-in the car and get some of this on mine...

Hope you can service the European market by then...

Ben

·
Petrolhead
129 Posts
We can most certainly help you out. We ship all over the world and we have dealers set up in your area that can service you directly
Once of my biggest dealers in actually located not too far from you in Denmark. http://www.amsperformance.dk/default.asp?ID=2
Thanks for the info Eric!

I've checked their website but Denmark isn't a cheap alternative (to say the least), compared some prices and it looks like I'm much better off ordereing straight from you guys in the US, if I'm right there is no VAT needed for international orders because I pay those over here when importing, in that case your items cost about half the price I would pay for it in Denmark

Ben

PS what's your VAT rate actually? (17.5%?)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
for reference, what kinds of #s do you think we'd see from a stock gtr if one were dyno'd on the same dyno/same time?
I just looked back in the records. The car made 428whp Last year in september.

BTW Eric-

How does the car sound with the downpipes and no cats!!

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The car is loud.....like race car loud. we are putting on a 90m muffler this week to water it down a bit.

to the gentleman that is overseas. That tax would need to be paid regardless so we ask that you buy from our dealer. We have a policy that prevents us from selling direct to an area that we have a qualified dealer. Nor do we allow other dealers to service that area. This ensures you are being taken care of by someone that not only knows your car but knows your area. LH biler /automotosports.dk is quite possibly one of my best and most knowledgeable dealers. Lars, the owner has the fastest car in the area that is all AMS built and he really knows his stuff. You will be in AMAZING hands

·
Petrolhead
129 Posts
to the gentleman that is overseas. That tax would need to be paid regardless so we ask that you buy from our dealer. We have a policy that prevents us from selling direct to an area that we have a qualified dealer. Nor do we allow other dealers to service that area. This ensures you are being taken care of by someone that not only knows your car but knows your area. LH biler /automotosports.dk is quite possibly one of my best and most knowledgeable dealers. Lars, the owner has the fastest car in the area that is all AMS built and he really knows his stuff. You will be in AMAZING hands
If he is that good with the GT-R then I have options to the north ;) , to be honest the UK is closer to where I live and as far as I know you have some quality dealerships over there too, seems in the end I have some choices early next year...

Ben

1 - 19 of 19 Posts