Nissan GT-R Forum banner

AMS Turbo and downpipe testing HUGE GAINS!

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  WhiteDevil09 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Many of you have been following our threads on some of the new products we are working on. The two that have gained the most attention are the AMS bolt on turbo upgrades and also our new Cast downpipes. Well we finally got some time to do some testing and tuning thanks to Sharif and the guys over at Forged Performance.

Below is a dyno of our project GT-R. The modifications could not be any simpler.

You will see two plots

The red plot has the following modifications:
93 Octane pump gas
AMS Turbo's
850cc injectors
AMS Mid pipe and exhaust
STOCK DOWNPIPES WITH CATS
Cobb Access port with an AMS/Forged Performance tune

HKS EVC
Forge Actuators

587 whp and 555 ft lbs of torque

The blue plot is the same car but now with our new Cast Downpipes...WOW!!!!!

The turbo's are spooling 500 rpm quicker and the mid range is just INSANE!!! Previously at 3500 rpm we were seeing about 10 psi of boost. With the downpipes we are now seeing 20! up top you can see a 25 - 25 whp gain just about EVERYWHERE!

AFR's also went a decent amount leaner which is a sign they are workign as they are moving more air.

We need to tweak the map a bit and clean up the AFR's and throw some more timing at it but right now these turbos, exhaust are working exactly like we had hoped!!!

Eric

See less See more
#2 ·
Impressive as always Eric! Great work guys. I look forward to seeing the car next week

#6 ·
still about $1500

looks really good

#8 ·
I'll let Eric chime in with the exact #s but if memory serves me right it made about 430awhp. I can't remember the ft lbs.

#10 ·
Great!

Keep it up, my GT-R will still take a while to arrive, I'm sure you guys are ready with the majority of upgrades by Q1 2010, then I just have to break-in the car and get some of this on mine...

Hope you can service the European market by then...

Ben

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Erick,
Very impressive work you guys,

I would like to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1- What was your base boost on the run?
2- Was this run done with the stock Mid Pipe(Huge Restriction), Stock Exhaust?
3- you mentioned an earlier boost with the down pipe but do you see an overall increase in boost with them?
4- How do you compare the AMS to the HKS Down pipe. in another word, if i have the HKS downpipes(Turbo Outlet)
is it worth it switching to the AMS from the HKS D/P?

Regards,

#17 ·
The car is loud.....like race car loud. we are putting on a 90m muffler this week to water it down a bit.

to the gentleman that is overseas. That tax would need to be paid regardless so we ask that you buy from our dealer. We have a policy that prevents us from selling direct to an area that we have a qualified dealer. Nor do we allow other dealers to service that area. This ensures you are being taken care of by someone that not only knows your car but knows your area. LH biler /automotosports.dk is quite possibly one of my best and most knowledgeable dealers. Lars, the owner has the fastest car in the area that is all AMS built and he really knows his stuff. You will be in AMAZING hands

#18 ·
to the gentleman that is overseas. That tax would need to be paid regardless so we ask that you buy from our dealer. We have a policy that prevents us from selling direct to an area that we have a qualified dealer. Nor do we allow other dealers to service that area. This ensures you are being taken care of by someone that not only knows your car but knows your area. LH biler /automotosports.dk is quite possibly one of my best and most knowledgeable dealers. Lars, the owner has the fastest car in the area that is all AMS built and he really knows his stuff. You will be in AMAZING hands
If he is that good with the GT-R then I have options to the north ;) , to be honest the UK is closer to where I live and as far as I know you have some quality dealerships over there too, seems in the end I have some choices early next year...

Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.