Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
How did he loose control anyway?? The ZR1 is not a bad handling car. I hate when the videos are 10 sec long and not detailed enough!

·
Registered
189 Posts
How did he loose control anyway?? The ZR1 is not a bad handling car. I hate when the videos are 10 sec long and not detailed enough!
If you look at the video, the driver didn't even try to correct for the slide, even though there was plenty of time to do so.

Based on the timing of the audio, I'd say the ZR1 driver stepped on the gas, spun the tires just enough to start to lose directional stability, and then froze. Not sure if he had the nannies on or not. Since he didn't turn the wheel, even if they were on they wouldn't have intervened, the car was going where the driver told it to.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong, I think the bigger problem is when he hit the brakes it flew into the other Vette.

quickly found another zr1 crash this one shows the whole thing from behind...wow

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Balding fat mid life crisis men can't drive

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Too much power and not enough experience. This is when experience at the track pays off on the street.
The funniest part is all three videos show the car losing control while going straight. No cornering was involved.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.