Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 with LC-3. I love it (when it works). My problem is I occasionally end up racing fast cars at stop lights here in so cal. Some of them worthy of launch control use on my part. Here's my problem-TIMING. My launch control drops off and doesn't work if I hold it in the revs for longer than about 3-4 seconds. If I do, when I release the brake I get a dismal and miserable launch (almost like the car pauses for 2 seconds at a creep and then finally unleashes the power-even much much slower than if I hadn't launched at all).

At some lights when the intersecting road turns red my green light doesn't turn green until a few seconds after the other turns red. oh well, for now I'll just not use it anymore.

Does the new Cobb -006 help with getting rid of the small delay when you press the gas from a light when not using launch control?

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
its not supposed to work after holding that long... LC4 on the 12/13's drop back to idle after around 4 secs.... its to protect the car...
it can be tricky to time it just right especially at a drag strip staging tree

·
Registered
360 Posts
At some lights when the intersecting road turns red my green light doesn't turn green until a few seconds after the other turns red. oh well, for now I'll just not use it anymore.
That's a safety thing, to give cars a chance to clear the intersection, Most lights are like that AFAIK. Just hold your foot on the brake hard and don't floor it till the other light goes red, that should give you enough time to stage for launch. Also make sure to stomp the gas hard so it revs up fast and don't roll on it slowly because then it builds up slow/

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Uhhh why are you racing on public roads? Shame...

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
Ecutek have lc4 working on those cars that have lc3 like yours. I dunno if lc4 acts the same way as you describe tho. Ask John @ "the shop ct" about prices for that option.

Also you don't need a cobb 006 or ecutek if you want to adjust clutch capacities and touch points... Dealer can do that for you if that's what you were asking.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/65473-lc-4-software/
Looks like cobb is still trying to figure things out. And if you don't plan on a tune that's a lot of money to spend.

·
Super Moderator
3,901 Posts
Like I'm fond of saying: My 5000 pound Nissan Xterra Offroad, in RWD mode will beat my 2012 GT-R across a typical street...IF...the GT-R is punched FROM IDLE. CPU/transmission delay plus turbo-lag.

A slight improvement is made if you initially get the GT-R up to 1500-2000 RPM, but it in no way compares to LC launches.

Alexd

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Street racing? Bush league.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Like I'm fond of saying: My 5000 pound Nissan Xterra Offroad, in RWD mode will beat my 2012 GT-R across a typical street...IF...the GT-R is punched FROM IDLE. CPU/transmission delay plus turbo-lag
That's Wierd. My 2010 launches like a rapped ape off the line with just a stomp and no LC. It does 1.90 60 foots and mid 3's to low 3's to 60mph.

I DO have a tune though.

·
Super Moderator
3,901 Posts
That's Wierd. My 2010 launches like a rapped ape off the line with just a stomp and no LC. It does 1.90 60 foots and mid 3's to low 3's to 60mph.

I DO have a tune though.
So do I, and BEFORE I did a few other mods, I turned 10.904, close to you. I recall my LC4 launched 60' at 1.72. But, my idle is between 700 and 750 RPM; stomp it, and nothing happens for a split second...while clutched cars and wound-up automatics instantly start to move. I stand by my opinion with my cars...for crossing a typical street.

Alexd

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I suppose the answer is...if you are going to race - know EXACTLY how the car and the launch control works - and dont hold it any longer than you can....or you lose? No magic carpet ride with GTR, and it dont drive itself no matter what the kids with Motec systems exhausts on Civics say

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I suppose the answer is...if you are going to race - know EXACTLY how the car and the launch control works - and dont hold it any longer than you can....or you lose? No magic carpet ride with GTR, and it dont drive itself no matter what the kids with Motec systems exhausts on Civics say
thanks for the input. Not as easy as the days with a clutch. I wish there was a way to at least eliminate the "lag" when hitting the gas off a dig without launch control at the very least.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Socalaviator

You in RRR or RCR when you are trying to launch, right?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Socalaviator

You in RRR or RCR when you are trying to launch, right?
yes it works great both in RRR and RCR as long as I release the brake immediately or soon after reaching max launch rpm (3500). If I wait a little too long after that it turns into a miserable "launch" from the light.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
jmunjr said:
Uhhh why are you racing on public roads? Shame...
Not really what I was asking but thanks for chiming in
No it wasn't but you made it obvious you're doing something so ridiculously moronic and inconsiderate I thought I'd point it out to you.

·
Super Moderator
3,901 Posts
yes it works great both in RRR and RCR as long as I release the brake immediately or soon after reaching max launch rpm (3500). If I wait a little too long after that it turns into a miserable "launch" from the light.
RCR has been said to be quicker than RRR. I personally have found the opposite to be true. But, that's only based upon 2 runs, so statistically it proves nothing. We can guess that under poorer traction, the "C" mode might allow better weight transfer to the rear, improving times...but we can also guess that the "R" mode allows an internal algorithm with quicker shifting or trans reaction. The difference is probably small...only 1/100th of a second in the quarter for me.

The 2012 car requires VDC to be in "Race," or the LC4 won't work. I don't know about the LC3 requirements on the 2011 cars. Also, the 2012 cars require coolant and transmission oil temperatures to equal or be above 140 degrees F, before LC4 is enabled.

Alexd

·
Super Moderator
3,901 Posts
No it wasn't but you made it obvious you're doing something so ridiculously moronic and inconsiderate I thought I'd point it out to you.
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

H. L. Mencken

Alexd

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.