Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 14 BE with 2800 miles (FBO). The car just started to clunk over bumps almost like an exhaust hanger is loose but that isn't the case as its been check with the car on the lift and a rubber mallet. Sounds like its coming from the front DP area but I know vibrations travel and it could be anything. You can actually almost feel something hitting against something with the clunk but I can't pinpoint it.

The clunking comes while driving only over smaller bumps. It is constant and its almost like a loose hanger or perhaps the trans/driveshaft knocking on something. Wouldn't normall concern me but it just reared itself now after almost 3000 miles. I can't diagnose on the lift because it only happens when the car is in motion over bumps.

While the car was on the lift checking this, a weird hollow feeling comes from the rear lower control arms when tapping with rubber mallet (driver's side worse than passenger side). It sounds as if something is loose or there is play inside the lower arm. Bolts were very tight but when you tap it, it feels loose and something is rattling in the arm/bushing area. I don't think this is the source of my clunk but it didn't sound right and makes me want to replace the factory ones with something aftermarket. Recommendations are welcomed.

I know noises and rattles are normal and I would ignore it but maybe its psychological but I feel it may be getting worse and I can't find it. I'm pretty OCD about these things and its haunting me enough to post this for help after no luck trying to isolate the issue.

Just wondering if others have it and looking for people to tell me to not get nervous and its normal.

Thanks in advance everyone. Any ideas would be great in easing my mind. I will investigate what I can.

Best,
Vin

· gta88ws6
834 Posts
Agreed, fbo will enhance the sounds the good ones and the bad ones... Take it to dealer and let them run their fine tooth comb over it and all will be well.

· gta88ws6
834 Posts
Let me know what they see or find. Since doing fbo as well my car sounds different, suspension wise, in the rear on bumps too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.