Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We completed this car a couple months ago and the customer has been enjoying the hell out of it! I have been pretty backed up lately so I never posted the info but am trying to catch up so here you guys go!

This GT-R came to us all the way from California. The customer researched very intensely to find the shop in the US he wanted to do business with and chose us. One of our biggest passions here at TopSpeed is consulting people properly down their modification path. So often when people do tons of independent research they get conflicting information from shops and individuals. It is hard to keep straight what information is first hand quality knowledge and what is hear say that always gets twisted. A lot of you who have been in that position know what I mean. So after several long conversations concerning end goals, maintenance costs, build costs, part quality…. We had a plan!

The build came together very nicely. We fitted the awesome AMS Performance Alpha16 turbo kit with our TSM Stroker 4.4 Engine. Strapped to the block we added are fully ported Level 3 ported heads. Our heads include a full molded hand port job combined with oversized GSC valves, GSC Springs with Titanium retainers as well as their amazing billet S3 cams.

The combination of AMS' Alpha16 turbo kit and our big boy stroker makes for a really nice combo on the street. You don't end up with tons of lag or out of boost "dead peddle" Our tried and true stroker gives you exceptional out of boost throttle response and drivability. Then if you want to spool the big nasty A16 turbos you just roll in the throttle anyplace north of 4k RPM and off you go! Combine that with the crazy 9000RPM rev limiter and its simply a broad power banded winning combination.

… broad power banded winning.. hmm is that that may be a little wordy LMAO.. but you guys get what I mean…

Our stroker engines have been tested over and over again through the years and perform constantly. We are very proud of their accomplishments and certainly aim to best all of them. We added some supporting mods to make sure we wouldn't be limited on power. The ETS high flowing 4" exhaust system was a must as well as their race intercooler kit. Fore Innovations helps with the fuel delivery as we utilize their triple pump hanger and fuel rails for the R35 GT-R. Boost Logic help with the air supply with their 12 Injector supported R35 GT-R Intake Manifold as well. Of course as always we got with John up at ShepTrans who built us a bad boy Stage5 transmission to transfer the tire shredding torque to the ground.

The whole package is a little too much to be controlled by the factory Nissan ECU. We decided to install the Motec M1 ECM with 12 injector support. The newest Motec software for the R35 package is absolutely amazing. It includes not only closed loop motorsports style traction control but also things like rolling antilag, launch control and even Flex Fuel for those weekend warriors. Motec being a world class company that does nothing but control race cars really shows in their ability to harness power like this. You get insanely accurate torque based control, a plethora of different launch control strategies depending on how and where you are launching the car, selectable torque and traction control settings integrated on the factory wheel selectors…. I can't say enough about how many features it has in order to maximize the end users experience.

This setup is an awesome combination that produced over 1100 all wheel horsepower on 93 pump fuel and 1631whp on E85!!! The usability of this power the street is really what separates if from the boys if you will. Tons of under the curve torque as well as usable flat top end power. Check out the dynograph of this 4.4 TSM Stroker ... combined with the AMS Alpha16 Turbo kit.

I wanna thank Ramon for trusting us with this awesome work of art! He flew out here from California when we were done with the car just to meet the entire team, shake hands with the tech who built it and drive it around on the street with our tuner Taylor in order to get the feel for it. He was blown away by the build quality and especially the drivability. He kept telling me "this thing drives better than when it was FBO!!!" I can't tell you guys how much gratification it gives me to watch an enthusiast with that kind of permanent smile on his face after a project comes together.

Please as always feel free to ask any questions that you have. I'll post the mod list below for people that want to skim instead of read my babble :)

Thanks for the support!

MODS:

-TSM 4.4 Stroker Engine

*CP Custom Billet Pistons

*Callies Ultra Rods

*Sonny Bryant Crank

-TSM Level 3 Cylinder Heads

*GSC Valves

*GSC Springs & Retainers

*GSC Guides

*GSC Billet Cams

-AMS Alpha16 Turbo Kit (3794 Turbos)

-ETS Race FMIC

-ETS 4" Exhaust System

-Boost Logic Intake Manifold

-Injector Dynamics Injectors

-Fore Innovations Fuel System

-T1R Crank Pully

-ShepTrans Stage5

-Motec M1 ECU

Ramon%20GTR%20E85%20copy_zpsq2tfqnzy.jpg

Ramon%20GTR%2093%20copy_zpsrpla6zca.jpg

IMG_9432-2_zpsrz2uw15v.jpg

IMG_9455_zpsrerpyaov.jpg

IMG_9416_zpskfofljpk.jpg

IMG_9550_zpsnatyczss.jpg

IMG_9592_zps0uphgumy.jpg

IMG_9553_zpsttpuglai.jpg

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Someone is going to be hurting feelings on the streets. Hope he hooks of first!

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Bad ass set up. #nuffsaid

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Another insane build! Congratulations to the owner & TSM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
so sick! Well done Team TSM!!!

·
Life's Daily Reality Check
1,110 Posts
Cicio, how'd you get 1630 WHP from a Fore triple? I thought they maxed out at like 1450-1500?

·
Vendor
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cicio, how'd you get 1630 WHP from a Fore triple? I thought they maxed out at like 1450-1500?
No sir, lots of headroom there. We still have a triple in Unabombers car that makes 1800+

^Voltage boosters Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need for any type of voltage booster at this power level. This car has all stock wiring other than a standard 12v mod that we do with all Fore systems.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
awesome work as usual TSM #monstergtrfactory

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cicio,

I can't express how happy I am with the car and the drivability Is beyond what I expected. It's been a few months now since i got the car back and all I can say it's what an amazing car you guys put together. Your team Did a phenomenal work. I am beyond please on how this turn out and will not think twice on going this route again.. beside all this I made a friend I can always call if I have any questions. Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts