Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have cleared a quite a few items out of development and have a few slots open for this years development cycle.

Would love some input from you guys if there is anything that you would like to see developed for the GT-R. Something as simple as the fire extinguisher brackets or maybe polyurethane products.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We do a lot of suspension and electrical components. About 99% are direct aftermarket replacement items but we have done one off performance items such as exhausts, midpipes, silicone and polyurethane replacements.

Metal, rubber fabrications are a piece of cake for us.

Personally, I was thinking of developing a durable skid plate with a 50% off for replacements but I dont want to produce anything already being done.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Replacement wheel center caps would be great. Doesn't seem anyone makes those and I'm pretty sure almost everybody would snap off the Nissan ones and replace them with GT-R logos or even just matched color plain caps for a reasonable price...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
+1 on the wheel caps.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
+1 on the wheel caps. I posted a request a while back when AMS said they were looking for product ideas. A user on here has a thread where he made some himself. They look great.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
If the fitment for a skid plate is good and replacements are cheap, I'd buy. Stillen already makes em though and quite a few people have gotten them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine's already beat everybody to the punch:
http://www.gt-rr.com...eel_cap&id=1572

I saw them a few weeks ago in Japan and they look good.
Jesus, those look great but $270 is an absurd amount of money for some center caps. I would imagine someone making them for even 100-150 would sell a ton of them. Hell, I'm even considering them for the 270. Having said that I'd even take a set that were just plain and painted to match the rims.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
why cant you buy the gtr badge, heat/remove existing badge stuck on with double sided tape, and stick on new badge

surely it's not anything you need to pay someone 270 bucks for

·
Registered
63 Posts
why cant you buy the gtr badge, heat/remove existing badge stuck on with double sided tape, and stick on new badge

surely it's not anything you need to pay someone 270 bucks for
Pretty sure the Nissan hamburgers aren't taped but actually have prongs that go into the cap from someones DIY thread a while back. Anyway, I'm really not looking for a project. I just want to find a product, purchase it and spend not much more than 5 minutes fixing the eyesore in the center of each of my rims.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Pretty sure the Nissan hamburgers aren't taped but actually have prongs that go into the cap from someones DIY thread a while back. Anyway, I'm really not looking for a project. I just want to find a product, purchase it and spend not much more than 5 minutes fixing the eyesore in the center of each of my rims.
and that someone is Mine's

GT-RR posted the link

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Make them for us! $50 would be very fair. $100 I would probably still do. The center caps have the Nissan logo held on with 2 holes. Just involves a little bit of elbow grease filling and painting them.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
$270 lol, I want them but those aren't worth more than $50.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for the input!!
We will be producing the center caps. This will take anywhere from 20-30 days for samples and 15 more days for production and batch to arrive.

Also, took drawings for a more durable style skid plate. Being designed to use less tapping screws and double sided tape.

PM for interest, will take down email addresses and names for notification once samples arrive.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
illuminated door sills!

back light the gtr logo just like the TK's, but also light up the silver strips on either side of the logo like the Grafxwerks sills on my M3 - not sure what they use, some kind of electric charged metal

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.