Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2015 Pearl White BE
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a summer home in Carmel and read the town ordinances regarding noise. The allowable decibel levels seem to be pretty low -- 65 db(A) during daytime and 55 db(A) after 6 PM. How are you modded guys dealing with this? Or is it not something to worry about?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
State law in general can not supersede federal law, and it would seem to me that this law in unconstitutional because it would disallow any stock performance car from being operated in the town/city of Carmel NY. The courts however seem to side with states when in comes to the matters of transportation in my limited knowledge and usually butt out of these types of matters.

Practically, this ordinance is probably just a way for the local law enforcement to have probable cause to stop anyone with a sports car/truck/modded vehicle. I have been to Carmel NY a few times and never had a problem. I know the State troopers around there love pulling people over from out of state.

·
2015 Pearl White BE
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
State law in general can not supersede federal law, and it would seem to me that this law in unconstitutional because it would disallow any stock performance car from being operated in the town/city of Carmel NY. The courts however seem to side with states when in comes to the matters of transportation in my limited knowledge and usually butt out of these types of matters.

Practically, this ordinance is probably just a way for the local law enforcement to have probable cause to stop anyone with a sports car/truck/modded vehicle. I have been to Carmel NY a few times and never had a problem. I know the State troopers around there love pulling people over from out of state.
Sorry, I just saw this. Thanks for the intel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts