Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
I'm a Supra owner.
Would LOVE a GT-R someday - but I have to wait a bit.

I've found a few Supra guys on my original post about Supras and GTRs.

I know these two cars aren't in the same class, but -- are there more Supra guys here?

Just curious.

Thanks!
Aron

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
I'm still a Supra fan, I've owned a Turbo GS300 back in 1997 and had fun beating up lightly moded Supras

I later owned a JDM 2000 Aristo V300 which comes with the 2jZ-GTE. Anyway your car looks nice and you got low miles! There's a guy here in Ft. Lauderdale with a 98 Supra and 700 original miles.

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
26 Posts
I'm a Supra owner, actually on my 5[sup]th[/sup] and just sold my 6-speed HT a few months ago. I'm also thinking about selling my APU Targa 6-speed, basically jumping ship and making the change over to a GTR.

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
I am a Supra owner DotCom and I've talked to you before. I have a 94 Renaissance Red 6 speed. Its at the shop getting paint work done and then getting the motor put back in.

Not selling my Supra and never will.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Former owner of a 96, 97, 2 98's (very briefly). Miss the low priced mods and the insane sounds. Don't miss the lack of traction, the outdated suspension, and the LAG LAG LAG LAG.

Would buy another in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Have mine for 10 years. Lots have changed, but dedicate road course track car now. Prob won't replace it unless it's a Porsche GT3 or possible a GT-R.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Can I ask why any of you have owned 5 Supra's? I understand owning 5 different cars but why not stick with just 1 supra?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Previous Supra owner here. Owned 2, one 97 NA 5spd, and one 95 turbo APU, 72mm modded to 650rwhp. Took a break from the performance vehicles, now saving up for a GTR! ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys.
Any more Supra guys in here (just curious)?

Some of you have mentioned owning some nice low mile ones.

ANYONE KNOW of another low mile stock one like mine out there?

Also: MIGHT consider trading mine for one lightly modded (plus cash)

Thanks

Aron

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have had a few ( 7 ) and still own a 60k mile Blk 93 hardtop 6spd. It is pretty much stock, and will remain that way. I have kicked around getting another big hp one though

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
another X supra owner, if you can keep both do it. Supra's will always have a place in my heart fun to drive and can take a beating.

I miss not having traction and goin sideways
The sound is another thing.. Nothing like the 2J and turbo spool.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think my buddy might be selling his nearly stock 97(?) Ren Red 6spd TT targa with under 30k miles. He treats it and drives it like a princess. Last time I asked him if he was going to be driving it he laughed for five minutes and said no, citing the "leaves" on the road as the reason. He also doesn't drive it if it has rained in the past few days or is about to rain, if it is cold, if it is dusty, if he is on his period, etc. He is on clublexus, I can give you his sn if you want.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please do.

I'm not on that site, but give him my email address please:

admin (AT) XF.com

I have a bone stock 10K mile 1994.
Might consider another one.

If not me, my friend might be interested.
Never hurts to inquire and start a conversation

Thanks
Aron

·
Registered
577 Posts
DotCom, is that Supra one we sold a few years ago?I remember we had a sub 10k car for awhile. It was amazing to be in a car that was from 1994 and still smelled like new!

I've had a army of Supras, but 2nd and 3rd gen. Current supra is receiving the variable timing 2jz for torque response.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Jared,

I don't think so.

I bought it in Pittsburgh from an older woman who had it covered in her garage for about 6 years and hardly drove it.
(stated it on occassion to make sure it was ok).
Original owner was her doctor friend.

But yes, this car still smells new.
The Supra interior has a disctinctive smell - and this one knocks you over when you jump in it.

It's like rolling back the clock to 1994 and driving a new one.
ahhhhh - good times.

Aron

·
Registered
320 Posts
Please do.

I'm not on that site, but give him my email address please:

admin (AT) XF.com

I have a bone stock 10K mile 1994.
Might consider another one.

If not me, my friend might be interested.
Never hurts to inquire and start a conversation

Thanks
Aron
Gave him your e-mail address. His name is Bo, located near Atlanta.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.