Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
There can be only one.
1,004 Posts
I'm loving this car since getting it a few weeks ago. I took it up to Jacksonville (from central Florida) for a meeting yesterday and (aside from tire noise), the car is fantastic on the highway.
The GT-R replaced my E55 at our house in Florida and I'm planning on selling my Viper and a few other cars over the next few months and getting something different for my house in New Jersey. I have been considering all kinds of things, including Ferraris, 911 Turbos, etc.. I keep coming back to wanting a 2-door, four seater since we have kids. A few days ago, a friend who owns a tinting and detailing shop called to let me know a long-time client of his brought in a 612 Scaglietti. He and I had spoken about them a few weeks before and he knew I'd want to check out the car. I stopped by his shop. What a beautiful car...but big and slow. Out of the box, they are a mid-12 second car at best and weigh over 4300 lbs. I honestly don't think I'd be happy in something like that...especially wondering if every kid in a 5.0 Mustang or dad's 'Vette is going to whoop up on me at the next traffic light. Really...the only thing close is the 911 Turbo, but the back seats are a joke and I honestly don't like the looks of the 911's.
Sooo...an offhanded comment by my wife has me considering a second GT-R. I'd wait out a '13 blue pearl BE.
Am I being unoriginal?
S.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Hell, I've considered it as well. I don't think you're being unoriginal. You're being realistic.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
God I am so jealous of you three. On a serisous note if I could afford two you better believe I would do it!

Eric
One day my friend! I'm down to petition a raise for you guys if it comes down to it! You're passion for the company and cars in generally shouldn't go unrewarded!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
My vote would be to get something different. I could afford two but would never do that....to me if you can afford 2 great cars get something different....just an opinion

·
There can be only one.
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My vote would be to get something different. I could afford two but would never do that....to me if you can afford 2 great cars get something different....just an opinion
That's kind of what I'm wondering. It might be nice to have something else to change it up a bit. I can always move cars between houses.
But seriously, other than the 911 Turbo, there's nothing out there with the performance of the GT-R and 4-seats (even if they are small).
S.

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
That's kind of what I'm wondering. It might be nice to have something else to change it up a bit. I can always move cars between houses.
But seriously, other than the 911 Turbo, there's nothing out there with the performance of the GT-R and 4-seats (even if they are small).
S.
wait for the new NSX ?

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
One day my friend! I'm down to petition a raise for you guys if it comes down to it! You're passion for the company and cars in generally shouldn't go unrewarded!
hahaha thank you, I truly love what I do though and you can't put a price on that

I get to live vicariously through just about every GT-R owner that comes through here so in spirit I own hundreds.

Eric

·
I'm everywhere.
857 Posts
how about a C63 sedan or coupe if you want two doors?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Not a bad choice at all... I would personally go Gillys Route or perhaps a TTG. But, I don't need the rear seats..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was in a similar situation about a year ago, but ended up deciding I couldn't justify two toys. Ended up trading in my GT-R and bought a 612. Now I miss the GT-R and am planning on adding one back. There are some things I really love about the 612 (unique, rear wheel drive, V-12, sound), but I immediately missed the GT-R's speed. I would say that I had 50 times more people looking to race the GT-R than the 612, as it solicits a completely different reaction from people.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
I actually thought about a 2013 Shelby GT500 also. 650HP and 600 ft lbs.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I actually thought about a 2013 Shelby GT500 also. 650HP and 600 ft lbs.
Coming from a former 04 Cobra owner and GT500 owner, I would say its more of a muscle car. Its a whole lot of fun, and not bad to daily drive, the shifting is easy (well my 04 cobra had a twin disc clutch, and then went automatic), The handling is more crude, and the interiors are much nicer than you expect for a Ford. And point it straight, put the right pedal to the floor and it always put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
id rather have a black on black panamera turbo than another gtr

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.