Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Anybody run negative (or close) offset without widebody?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  crainp 
#1 ·
Gents, As the title says if you or someone you know has ran negative offset or really low offset wheels please advise.... thanks.

#3 ·
I have a Nismo with front fenders rolled 3/8"(already 1/2" wider than Premium) and run 11.5" x 20 +35 square with Cup 2 325, the MO Mercedes (widest tread of 325s). 3 degrees negative camber, stock height. No problems with rubbing, even running over some pretty substantial curbs on track. Just ordered a set of 11" x 20 +30 that I will run Cup 2 305 K1 Ferrari (again, widest tread). I have that tire now on 10" +35/12" +20 wheels and 3 camber, stock fender and it clears. The 305 is less tall than stock, and that helps clearance. You could probably clear the fender with 0 offset and a tire with a smaller diameter, but it would stick out to the point of being an eyesore, unless you did something with your fenders. You can't roll them much, and think (but don't know) that after market fenders are at most about an inch wider, so with them you might be able to run 0 offset, but I can't see why you would go that route. But interested in your reasoning.

#4 ·
First off thanks for chiming in with an in-depth reply with your experiences on this chassis. Im looking to pick up a set of SSR wheels: Fronts 19x11 +1 offset and Rears: 19x11.5 -11 offset. I mainly concerned with the front. Hence the reason why I asked about the aggressive offsets. Im surprised nobody else chimed in besides you.

#5 ·
I have a Nismo with front fenders rolled 3/8"(already 1/2" wider than Premium) and run 11.5" x 20 +35 square with Cup 2 325, the MO Mercedes (widest tread of 325s). 3 degrees negative camber, stock height. No problems with rubbing, even running over some pretty substantial curbs on track. Just ordered a set of 11" x 20 +30 that I will run Cup 2 305 K1 Ferrari (again, widest tread). I have that tire now on 10" +35/12" +20 wheels and 3 camber, stock fender and it clears. The 305 is less tall than stock, and that helps clearance. You could probably clear the fender with 0 offset and a tire with a smaller diameter, but it would stick out to the point of being an eyesore, unless you did something with your fenders. You can't roll them much, and think (but don't know) that after market fenders are at most about an inch wider, so with them you might be able to run 0 offset, but I can't see why you would go that route. But interested in your reasoning.
So wait Nismo has wider fenders than a regular GTR?

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
So wait Nismo has wider fenders than a regular GTR?
Yes, 1/2". front wheels 10" vs. 9.5" Rear the same.

At -11 on the front, your car stock wheel is +41, so 52mm is about 2". Not sure how you deal with that. then you have to add the 2" wider wheel as well. I would not get the wheels, almost sure to be more expensive and unsightly in the end. Look at BC Forged, they have a mono block that is reasonably priced (+- $3500), delivery within two months, you can specify the offsets and widths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.