Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Anyone enter the lottery for the Scion FRS?

Tags
86 frs scion
2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Frips_Girl 
#1 ·
Today Scion had a lottery to be chosen as one of the first 86 FRS owner in the US.
I was wondering if any GTR owners here entered in it?

I entered for one. It would be a cool daily driver to have.

They are notifying 86 winners within 24hrs.
www.scionfirst86.com

#5 ·
It would be cool if someone here wins a spot!

#13 ·
The rumor is that Subaru will release the STi version of the BRZ. So I'm sure if they do it will be turbocharged.

#10 ·
http://jalopnik.com/5875982/scion-wont-tell-first-86-buyers-how-much-the-fr+s-costs

Scion Won't Tell First 86 Buyers How Much The FR-S Costs

Scion hoped to capitalize on the buzz over its new Scion FR-S sports car by offering the first cars to 86 randomly selected individuals who applied at a Scion website. Great idea… except the winners still know nothing about the car they're buying.
Scion VP Jack Hollis announced the "Scion First 86" contest at last week's Detroit Auto Show. People applied yesterday at scionfirst86.com for a chance to be one of the first 86 owners or get some undisclosed "special prizes."
As part of the deal you had to select a local dealer, which is a clever way by Scion to judge geographic desire for the new two-door - as well as build buzz.
A Jalopnik reader - who we'll call John to protect his identity - entered and was one of the individuals selected. He was sent the email above and, according to John, was called by Scion corporate. Here's how he remembers the conversation:

Scion: "Congratulations, you're one of our First 86! You won the ability to
buy the FRS early!!"
John: "How early?"
Scion: "I'm sorry, we don't know that."
John: "Okay, can you tell me the price?"
Scion: "The price has not been announced."
John: "What options for the car will I have?"
Scion: "I don't know the options either."​
So Scion is asking buyers to put $500 down for a car without knowing how much it'll cost, when they can get it, or what options it'll have other than the pre-selected color and transmission.
Sounds like every luxury car pre-order process we've ever encountered.
And yes, that's for a Scion. The car brand that's supposed to be cheaper than Toyota.
I feel like our world's turned upside-down.
But despite all the hilarious conditions that come with being one of the first 86 buyers, John is still thinking he's going to put down a deposit. He wants the car that badly.

#14 ·
Shucks! I missed it. Awesome looking car. My daily driver since 2006 has been an imported Scion xA... imported in 2006 before Scion's were ever sold in Canada, so quite exotic ;) I've never had any issues with the car and actually never even took it in for any warranty work. It's been fantastic... love my Scion's!

For all those posted, let us know what happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.