Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am really interested in this kit, as it would really dress up the so so interior for the car. Does anyone have any direct experience with this kit?

1. Is it overlay or actual replacement?
2. If it is overlay, do you have some pics, is it high quality?
3. If it is overlay, how did you apply it? What tape, etc?

http://gtr.revozport.com/24pcs.html#prettyPhoto

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
313 Posts
I too was looking at this kit because every one that sells the kit shows the same picture....i.e. it looks like the kit is a replacement kit and not an overlay kit. But, it is indeed a tape on overlay kit! And I have heard from multiple people that bought it that the fitment is so-so at best!! I decided to pass and just so you know....a real replacement kit (not an overlay kit) with the same pieces would cost in the neighborhood of $30,000.00!!! If you think I'm joking, check with GT-RR and ask them for a price for the same kit but with full Nissan replacement parts that they have covered with carbon fiber!! You'll be shocked!! Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I too was looking at this kit because every one that sells the kit shows the same picture....i.e. it looks like the kit is a replacement kit and not an overlay kit. But, it is indeed a tape on overlay kit! And I have heard from multiple people that bought it that the fitment is so-so at best!! I decided to pass and just so you know....a real replacement kit (not an overlay kit) with the same pieces would cost in the neighborhood of $30,000.00!!! If you think I'm joking, check with GT-RR and ask them for a price for the same kit but with full Nissan replacement parts that they have covered with carbon fiber!! You'll be shocked!! Hope this helps

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know how much CF replacement parts cost, I figured this was overlay for most of the parts, but still looking for someone with direct experience or better pics installed. Some people I have talked to have been really happy and content with overlay and some people aren't. Thanks for the input.

Were the people you talked to who weren't super happy with fitment talking about the Ebay or Revo kit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts