Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone Have tuned with EcuTec and have Dyno Results?
Thanks
i had the cobb accessport in my car, i have recently removed it and went ecutek. Ecutek is alot further along with transmission control than cobb. Im currently running a 2009 setup with lc4 and ecutek has full control over trans. I can change my launch rpm with the buttons on the steering wheel. IMHO ecutek is alot better ..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had the cobb accessport in my car, i have recently removed it and went ecutek. Ecutek is alot further along with transmission control than cobb. Im currently running a 2009 setup with lc4 and ecutek has full control over trans. I can change my launch rpm with the buttons on the steering wheel. IMHO ecutek is alot better ..
What are your mods,? Who was your tuner?
Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
French007.....you have 2 posts. Welcome back for this topic. But..........the OP specifically asked for dyno results. Do you have dyno results to share?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
wasn't the switzer car running this that made 1000+??? and posted the video of the 2-step a long time ago? along with dyne graph

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
ahh pro efi ... I'm sorry.. my bad

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have been running the Ecutek for a few months so far and love it.
I dont have dyno sheets yet, but I am currently switching to e85 and will have them soon.
I do however have track data showing my car running 2mph faster to the 1/8th switching from my previously tuned cobb to the EcuTek mapping, as well as trapping the same 1/4 MPH using the off the shelf mapping they provide.

Trans features are ALL there with Ecutek as well as SD mode.

Jr

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
I have been running the Ecutek for a few months so far and love it.
I dont have dyno sheets yet, but I am currently switching to e85 and will have them soon.
I do however have track data showing my car running 2mph faster to the 1/8th switching from my previously tuned cobb to the EcuTek mapping, as well as trapping the same 1/4 MPH using the off the shelf mapping they provide.

Trans features are ALL there with Ecutek as well as SD mode.

Jr
What are your mods?

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
http://www.phoenixs.co.jp/bigsite/new/r35_13.htm
Phoenixs power been running ecutek for a while now. this is page 13 which just started this year. they have been using it sometime in 2011, so you can go back and see on page 12, and 11 iirc. im not sure how back it goes, but you can see the dyno graphs they have and they show the mods too... its all in japanese and the dyno results would be a bit differnt than what we have here. i think they might rate them at crank, i dunno tho.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Pump gas, I actually went [email protected] on the AP, then [email protected] with the EcuTek. When we tweaked the rom we saw a gain of 2mph to the 1/8th.
The 60ft diffrence bwteen the 10.9 and 11.0 was 1.88-1.90 or so. So it wasnt much, but would def put the car into the 10s.

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
Pump gas, I actually went [email protected] on the AP, then [email protected] with the EcuTek. When we tweaked the rom we saw a gain of 2mph to the 1/8th.
The 60ft diffrence bwteen the 10.9 and 11.0 was 1.88-1.90 or so. So it wasnt much, but would def put the car into the 10s.
Did you use LC on any of those 2 runs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Car : 2011 Australian GTR R35 (U.S 2012 equivalent)

My first upgrade was split into 2 parts:
  1. Akrapovic Evolution TI exhaust only (without tune)
  2. Ecutek tune

I had my car dyno'd before and after on a Dynapack hub dyno for good benchmarking, starting with a stock car.

Results:
1. Akrapovic exhaust benchmark

Red is after exhaust
Green is baseline (stock car)
Peak power is up from 346 to 370awkw; up 6.9.0%
Peak torque is up from 611 to 629NM; up 2.9%

These results are validated by Akrapovic's own web site, with a very similar torque curve shape: http://www.akrapovic...9/evolution-65/

2. 1st very conservative Ecutek tune, no other changes other than exhaust.
Then Tunehouse added a very conservative starting Ecutek tune with just 1 pound extra boost (peak boost 15lb compared with 14 stock), resulting power was up around 11% from 2500rpm all the way to 7000rpm. Main difference is felt from 2500 to 3500rpm, with torque up around 25%. That makes the car far more flexible and far better car to drive, and it pulls far stronger from 2000rpm.

Excellent jump in power and torque everywhere; boost is brought in earlier.
Compared with original baseline, torque is up 30% at 2500 and up 25% at 3000rpm, so it is far more responsive low down and more driveable.
Peak power is up from 346 to 384awkw; up 11.0%
Peak torque is up from 611 to 680NM; up 11.3%

3. boost used for that tune :
More boost under 3200rpm, otherwise peak boost up just 1 psi ; 14lb to 15lb ... bugger all.

For the next tune some more boost will be added.

My tuner is one of the best in Australia, and this was the first GTR he tuned with Ecutek.
He received very good support from the U.K head office, and very happy with the Ecutek.
The new adjustable launch control will be added in the next 2 months.
Brian

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any high hp car using EcuTek?
I have a 2011 fully build Alpha 9 and I whant a higher rpm LC. But rigth now all the cars tuned with EcuTek are stock turbos setup.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts

about 740hp using ecutek via phoenixs powers webstie:
Turbine Kit HKS GT800 fuel pump 860cc injectors
APEX muffler
Top Secret airflow pipe 80 pi
Flywheel 2011 NISSAN genuine second catalyst
BLITZ D-SBCid Ⅲ
1.59 → 1.48Kg/cm2 boost
739.3PS 92.7Kg

They have a project they sent to TAS2012... they havent showed the latest dyno plot but here is an older one...
奈良発~オートサロン授賞車が860馬力突入!

奈良県F様のR35をバージョンUP致しました。

今までは、HKSの860ccインジェクター(実際は800ccしか出ていない)を使っていたのですが、

アメリカ製の873ccに変更いたしました。

コンピューターソフトは、NEKOソフトとECU-TEKソフトの良い所をうまく使ってテストを始めました。

近い将来、触媒付きストリート仕様マップと触媒ストレートサーキット仕様マップをスイッチひとつでコントロール

する予定です。

又、エアフロ電圧がカバー出来る領域はLジェトロ制御して、5V全開領域はDジェトロ制御致します。

今回はまず触媒ストレートにしてデータ作成しました。

拍子抜けするほど簡単にパワー&トルクが発生致しました・・・正直まだ余裕があります。

ちょっと計画を修正しなければなりません・・・(苦笑)

SPEC JUN 4.0LカスタムKIT・IN272・EX272カム・大径スロットルボディ・大容量GTサージタンク TRUST TD-&SH20Gタービンキット・フィューエルデリバリーパイプ・タイプ6インタークーラー・DCTミッションオイルクーラー・80パイエアフロパイプ SARD 大容量燃料ポンプ×2・特注ストレートパイプ BLITZ D-SBCidⅢ トップシークレット タイプⅠマフラー オリジナル 873ccインジェクター・メインCPUプログラム・ミッションCPUプログラム・ミッションO/H予防・調整・強化プラン ブースト圧1.58→1.50Kg/cm2
864.6PS 107.0Kg

パワーチェックグラフ
google translated....

Winning rush - Auto Salon car 860 horsepower from the world!

We have the R35 version for F UP Nara.

Until now, 860cc injectors HKS (not actually out only 800cc) I was using,

We made changes to the 873cc United States.

Computer software, ECU NEKO soft-started and successfully tested using the best of TEK software.

Near future, one switch control circuit straight specification maps with catalyst and catalyst street map specifications

Will be.

In addition, the area covered by the voltage can control the air flow is L JETRO JETRO D control area will be fully open 5V.

This data was created first and then straight to the catalyst.

Honestly we still have room to experience the power and torque as easy as anticlimactic.

Plan must be modified slightly (bitter smile)

SPEC
GT surge tank capacity larger diameter throttle body JUN 4.0L Cam custom KIT · IN272 · EX272
Turbine Kit TRUST TD-& SH20G El delivery pipe. Details field DCT type 6 mission oil cooler intercooler air flow pipe 80 pi
Custom straight pipe large SARD fuel pumps × 2 ·
BLITZ D-SBCid Ⅲ
Top Secret Muffler Type Ⅰ
Strengthening coordination original plan prevention programs 873cc injectors main CPU CPU program Mission Mission O / H
1.58 → 1.50Kg/cm2 boost
864.6PS 107.0Kg

latest update on that last one is....
奈良発~藤原R35がタービン交換+オールペン!

藤原R35最高速SPECがタービン交換しました。​
TD06-20Gハウジングに25Gを組み込んだSPL品です。​
1200ccクラスのインジェクターを探しているのですが、世界中どこを探しても無いのです。​
(1000cc 1600cc 2000ccなら存在する)​
現在、900ccインジェクターが装着されているのですが、良いサイズのインジェクターが出てくるまで待とう!となりました。​
エアクリーナーは、100パイでエアフロパイプ径は90パイ、サクションパイプは80パイで​
厳しいレイアウトの中、理想的な造りになりました。​
取り合えず、900ccインジェクターのままで、走れるようにセッティングを取ったのですが、​
この寒さの中ではスリップしてしまい計測出来ませんでした。​
しかし、ブースト1.53キロ時、写真のようにインジェクターは100%、エアフロ電圧は4.64Vありますので、​
間違いなく900馬力は出ています。​
だけど、全然低速から効いていますよ。
 ​
SPEC JUN 4.0Lカスタムキット・2mmOSスロットル・272・272カム・GTサージタンク TRUST TD06改25G-10タービンキット・タイプ29インタークーラー・パイピング・DCTオイルクーラー・デリバリーパイプ オリジナル 900ccインジェクター・メインCPUプログラム・ミッションCPUプログラム・MT予防・調整・強化プラン・ボディーオールペン BLITZ D-SBCidⅢ SARD キャタライザー トップシークレット マフラー
No dyno numbers yet. i suspect after TAS they will show the numbers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts