Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just make sure to have a reputable shop check it out completely. Any idea on how many miles on the build? Any dyno numbers available?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the dealer said 701 hp, I assume this is wheel hp on 93 octane based on the 1000cc injectors but not positive.
they said they have a stack of records. i might go check it out.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
lol i don't know how that's over 70k in upgrades.
Assuming they are adding everything, including rims, exhaust, carbon bits, etc.

Engine is atleast $10k probably more depending on head work
Trans looks like a Shep 2 $8k
Turbos $8-9k
Labor $5k
Rims and Tires $7k
Exhaust, suspension, axles, etc.

It adds up pretty quick.

OP - how many miles in the motor and trans ? Have a reputable shop scope the engine for you if they allow it.

Could be a fun car, but could also be a money pit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Money pit in what way? It has a built trans and motor. Thanks in advance.
Edit: I believe the build was done at about 70k. This is my estimate from the carfax

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Money pit in what way? It has a built trans and motor. Thanks in advance.
Edit: I believe the build was done at about 70k. This is my estimate from the carfax
Money put as in money pit. If the car needs engine or transmission work your looking at dumping cash into it to fix it. I have no idea what you consider a drop in the bucket, but you could drop 1/2 the purchase price on the car in a blink of an eye on these cars. Doesn’t matter if the shop that built it is the biggest in the game. Just the way it is.

I’d have a competent shop scope the engine and cut the filter in half and look for bearing material.

Worse than the cash outlay is the downtime - even something as simple as an engine or trans freshening can take months or longer.

Good luck.

Edit : 14k miles on the engine and trans isn’t much at that power level, pretty much FBO. I’d assume they blew it up at 70k which is why they didn’t go for much power.

Email Shep and find out what he did to trans.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Going on 5 years with a build, I’d expect to refresh things at some point. Miles or not.

When was the last fluid change for the trans ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts