Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
A lot of people are running this. Google ---> apr gtr lip site:www.gtrlife.com and you'll get a ton of threads with pictures and info. If you plan on getting it I also recommend contacting James from Vivid.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Unfortunately my use of this lip lasted 1 day, smacked debris on FDR that a suv drove over on my way home from the install shop.
I did duct tape the hell out of it and drove it from NYC to VIR and tracked it without any issues, but replaced it when I got home with the RevoZport lip.
Neither is ideal for cooling as the air from the lip is not being directed into the center of the rotor.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately my use of this lip lasted 1 day, smacked debris on FDR that a suv drove over on my way home from the install shop.
I did duct tape the hell out of it and drove it from NYC to VIR and tracked it without any issues, but replaced it when I got home with the RevoZport lip.
Neither is ideal for cooling as the air from the lip is not being directed into the center of the rotor.
No cooling plate deal to get the air to "go that direction" ?

or ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use the apr kit and actually had apr block off the cooling duct. Didn't want to deal with finding or making a cooling duct and didn't want air getting into the under tray to create lift in anyway while tracking.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
No cooling plate deal to get the air to "go that direction" ?

or ?
No, just the front splitter. I looked into buying the scoops separately but I wasn't sure if they were beneficial and would hang lower then the bottom of the GTR and if you know NYC the roads and parking garages are not very friendly.

Sent from my XT1080 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
I use the apr kit and actually had apr block off the cooling duct. Didn't want to deal with finding or making a cooling duct and didn't want air getting into the under tray to create lift in anyway while tracking.
I blocked mine off as well. I'll probably open them up at some point when I mess around with the cooling duct system.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Sorry to read of this unfortunate experience.
This sort of upgrade for the GTR should come from Nissan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts