Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been googling and everything and can't find any information on installing the wing (GTC-500) or the proper wing settings. The install isn't that hard but I want to make sure I do everything right. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't installed it yet, need to drill that 3rd hole but I want to make sure I have the washers/bolts where they go and such. Basically I want to make sure I install it right and then set the angle right.

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they did, I might have thrown them away. If you can scan yours and send it to me I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah of course ! I'll hopefully be going out to the workshop in the next couple of days, I'll definitely grab it for you.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Post up pics when done. Id love to see one of these in person but no one I know has one. Wasn't aware you drill another hole

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Here are some pictures of my APR GT500 wing installation. I bought it used so I had no instructions. When you set it to the minimum angle of attack (AOA), it makes the least downforce but also the least noise when driving from air whistling past the wing. For the track I set it 1 or two holes down depending on track, and you can certainly feel its effect in high speed sweepers. But for the road I set it to minimum. You can see the 3 holes that mount the upright in the pictures.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
How strange, mine didn't come with any instructions either, just a list of all the bits included. How did you get the spoiler brake light disconnected ?? That's confusing as hell, no matter which instructions I follow.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine didn't come with instructions either. I googled how to remove the stock spoiler, but the install of the apr wing is pretty straight forward. I also added a little bit off loctite just for added peace of mine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey descartesfool, where did you get the middle brakelight thingie from And also, how did you wire in the boot lock ? I stripped the whole lot off, and cut off the black and white wire that continued into the old wing, leaving the loop still active (3 wires have continuity). But it doesn't seem to work.

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine didn't come with instructions either. I googled how to remove the stock spoiler, but the install of the apr wing is pretty straight forward. I also added a little bit off loctite just for added peace of mine.
Yeah thats what I ended up doing. Hardest part was removing that super sticky glue they use on the center post of the OE wing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts