Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO

was just at some bar and headed home only after leaving the parking lot there was a cop in front of me, he turned right at the lights and i followed him we were going the same way he was in the left lane driving about 40/kph and i passed him on the right side like 45-50 and and once i passed him he turns the light and pulls me over..i was like wtf for what

and he comes up with " insurance and drivers license please " im like what why.. then he tells me i was holding a device in my hand (yeah my phone was in my back pocket)

been driving 3+ years and first time got pulled over...like for what? its okay if i was using it but no i did not wow this pisses me off

now gotta waste time in court and shit

so if they discharge this ticket.... the 3 points dont go on my record?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
<snip>

been driving 3+ years and first time got pulled over...like for what? its okay if i was using it but no i did not wow this pisses me off

now gotta waste time in court and shit

so if they discharge this ticket.... the 3 points dont go on my record?
No points, no record if the ticket gets tossed in court, or better yet withdrawn by the prosecutor before court. Make sure to file notice that you want a trial well before the required date. Then get a copy of your cell phone records to present showing you weren't on the phone or txting around the time of the ticket, request disclosure and a pre-trial meeting with the prosecutor. With backup from your cell phone records you should be able to get this dropped before court.

If you don't want to go through the hassle yourself, guys like Pointts will handle this for you for a fee

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Show your cell phone statement and the time you received the ticket. This way the judge will know you weren't using your phone.

·
Registered
527 Posts
super lamo

I'm suprised he didn't kick your tail light out and write you a ticket for that as well.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Cop probably won't show up in court and you will win...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Do text messages have time records on your cell phone bill ? I know calls are logged by time, but not sure of text messages.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Let us know how it turns out! Best of luck...

·
Stop the persecution of Falun Gong
224 Posts
That's typical. I was pulled over for following to close when I wasn't behind anyone. I had made a right turn and was behind a truck for less than half a second as I moved into the left lane to go past him (2 lanes in both directions). There was a cop signaling tons of people over (he had about 3-4 people lined up behind me). And was basically just hunting for people who didn't have registration, etc. so he could get the ability to search the car and hopefully lead to a bigger bust.

FYI, after talking to my attorney he said it was all B.S. because they never issue tickets for following too close unless there is contact between vehicles (not to mention the fact that I wasn't even following the truck),. I also got the cop to contradict himself when he was trying to tell me the ticket was legit at least once.

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeah im gonna take it to the court on monday

i think the reason he pulled me over cuz i passed him lol
He could have cited you for passing on the right. I imagine you cell phone record will be enough to clear you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.