Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2010 Black Premium
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad luck today. On the way home, the car next to me ran over a large chunk of concrete (I think) and it kicked over into my lane - there was no way I could avoid it. I ran over it on the left side of the car, doing some light damage to the front lip, ruining the front left tire, and bending the rim! Upset does not even being to describe where I am at right now.

I suppose I could use this as an excuse to buy a set of new wheels - I'm still running on the stock set on my 2010 Premium. Not sure though - hard to justify spending that kind of money right now.

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a stock left front to match my 2010 gunmetal? I believe I recall someone posting a source that had them for pretty cheap a few months ago but can't find the post so far. Help!

I'll post a pic of the damage later when my blood pressure goes down...

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
I hit a giant pothole once that did alot more damage to my rim then yours, i took it to a place here in marietta that fixed it and completely refinished it for under $300. You could always find a place where you are located to fix and refinish it.

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Ouch!!! That is with the runflats too!! Imagine if they were regular tires without the reinforced sidewall??? Glad to hear you are ok though...

·
2010 Black Premium
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump for my question on stock wheels. Does anyone know of a good source for a replacement new? Or does anyone have a used left front they want to sell?

·
R35
1,312 Posts
Blah. Sure beats being diagnosed with cancer (had a friend that was recently.) This is nothing bro, just order a new lip, wheel and tire and you are as good as new.

·
2010 Black Premium
112 Posts
Blah. Sure beats being diagnosed with cancer (had a friend that was recently.) This is nothing bro, just order a new lip, wheel and tire and you are as good as new.
Can't argue with you there - it sucks, but I'm thankful I can worry about damage to a wheel on my $70K car. Thanks for putting it into perspective.

So, choices are to replace this single wheel / tire or to go for a new set of wheels...

Question: can anyone give me the part numbers for the 2010 OEM Premium (dark) wheels? There are folks online who claim to have stock of the OEM parts, but the color options are confusing: gunmetal vs. hyper silver vs. charcoal...

·
R35 Member
668 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Awesome glad it worked out for you. That was prob the cheapest priced set of wheels I've seen sold here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts