Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys ,

I have been noticing some weird problems with my gtr and i will try to write them one by one so if anyone has experienced this before could give me some ideas on how to fix ;

1- On hard ramps or hills when i am fully stopped and try to accelerate the car first goes backwards alot and rpm almost going up to 3-4 k to pull the car .

2- When the operating temperature is between 90-95 in first gear and i accelerate slowly the car will start to shake like hell until you push it little bit more or release it ( no problems on normal acceleration or hard accelerations)

3- Alot of sound coming from bottom of the car when changing the gears up or down and you can feel every single gear change It goes like tak tak tak .

Other than that i have no issues on hard accelerations or stable driving . This is ridiculous i know that GTR is not a comfortable car and some of noises are common and you have to get use to it , but everyone who gets in my car is asking whether if my transmission is faulty and this is so annoying even for driving

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
Are you tuned ? If so what’s your Touch Point (TP) settings at ?

A relearn could help, or simply adjust the TP settings for roll-out.

If you are stock, but only the GTR tech can change TP if you are stuck.

Rolling backwards on a small incline is. If so and how it should feel. If you creep forward on a flat plane you are set to high.

Some good info here —> Difference between TP's & CC's

The engagement or actual shift pressure is set with CLutch Capacity (CC) again if you are tuned you can change. If you are stock GTR Tech needs to do it.

R35 is quirky, makes a ton of noises and jerky, but should be minimal - so I’d adjust the CC/TP before searching for a mechanical issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you tuned ? If so what’s your Touch Point (TP) settings at ?

A relearn could help, or simply adjust the TP settings for roll-out.

If you are stock, but only the GTR tech can change TP if you are stuck.

Rolling backwards on a small incline is. If so and how it should feel. If you creep forward on a flat plane you are set to high.

Some good info here —> Difference between TP's & CC's

The engagement or actual shift pressure is set with CLutch Capacity (CC) again if you are tuned you can change. If you are stock GTR Tech needs to do it.

R35 is quirky, makes a ton of noises and jerky, but should be minimal - so I’d adjust the CC/TP before searching for a mechanical issue.
thank you for quick response , i am bone stock and i am not sure what are the TP but i have a device called Autel Mt808 which i guess i can check and also adjust TP and CC , i have tried to set them 2+Once and change it again to 0but no difference at all . Maybe its not working out with the device . I will try to post a video and show you guys what I exactly mean maybe it could be more helpful

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Well, you need to start off by getting a relearn done correctly then see what result that brings. The best you can do in your position is get a Cobb or EcuTek and go from there.

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
If you are bone stock, +4 is kind of high. Can blow the seals over time and honestly won’t need it anyways.

I don’t know the device you have mentioned, so I’ll go out on a limb and say it can’t tune the car.

Being in Iraq and no access to local tuners (or GTR Techs (or good fuel) buy an Ecutek license and do it yourself.

Over time the clutches wear and a relearn adjusts the space between them. It’s part of normal maintenance.

To adjust the CC put yourself on a flat even plane and change it from -2 to +2 and when you take your foot off the brake it should not creep forward. I usually start at +2 and then reduce it until it doesn’t move.

Clutch capacity, on a stock car shouldn’t need more than +2 when the relearn is complete.

You can always buy a remote tune from one of the big US/UK shops and get that GTR moving.

Good luck brotha !!

Reactions: Slimshady201

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been noticing some weird problems with my gtr and i will try to write them one by one so if anyone has experienced this before could give me some ideas on how to fix ;

On hard ramps or hills when i am fully stopped and try to accelerate the car first goes backwards alot and rpm almost going up to 3-4 k to pull the car .

When the operating temperature is between 90-95 in first gear and i accelerate slowly the car will start to shake like hell until you push it little bit more or release it ( no problems on normal acceleration or hard accelerations)

Alot of sound coming from bottom of the car when changing the gears up or down and you can feel every single gear change It goes like tak tak tak .

Other than that i have no issues on hard accelerations or stable driving .This is ridiculous i know that GTR is not a comfortable car and some of noises are common and you have to get use to it ,but everyone who gets in my car is asking whether if my transmission is faulty and this is so annoying even for driving.

Urbach Roofing, Inc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are bone stock, +4 is kind of high. Can blow the seals over time and honestly won’t need it anyways.

I don’t know the device you have mentioned, so I’ll go out on a limb and say it can’t tune the car.

Being in Iraq and no access to local tuners (or GTR Techs (or good fuel) buy an Ecutek license and do it yourself.

Over time the clutches wear and a relearn adjusts the space between them. It’s part of normal maintenance.

To adjust the CC put yourself on a flat even plane and change it from -2 to +2 and when you take your foot off the brake it should not creep forward. I usually start at +2 and then reduce it until it doesn’t move.

Clutch capacity, on a stock car shouldn’t need more than +2 when the relearn is complete.

You can always buy a remote tune from one of the big US/UK shops and get that GTR moving.

Good luck brotha !!
Yes you are right , i have contacted cobb but they said they have stopped tunings so no more stages . I am trying to find a dealer for ecutec . Hopefully it works .

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
CC's are used to adjust the clutch pressure ramp rates and have minimal effect on actual clutch pressures. Every +1 CC should be worth about +5psi of additional clutch pressure.

TP's are used to adjust the clutch preload so if the car is rolling backwards then you can increase TP, which will increase clutch engagement when the car is in gear, but no throttle applied.

Once throttle is applied, the clutch pressures are increased in accordance with the Clutch Torque table within the ECM tune as a function of RPM and TPW. As others have suggested, you need to Zero TP's and CC's prior to performing a Clutch Relearn and then set CC's to about +2 and TP's will be based on how the car responds on a flat surface in terms of rolling forward when the brake is released, but no throttle applied. Typically, these values for a stock trans can remain at 0.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts