Does anyone know him:

Man, 22, killed in I-75 crash was 'good kid' who loved cars | Offer condolences
http://bit.ly/1KKsXUt

· Forza Felipe
1,711 Posts
Wow very sad my condolences to the family and all his loved ones

· Registered
372 Posts
RIP... I was on that stretch of road yesterday... driving way too fast. We are all mortal.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
really sad. When the ass of these cars decide to come around there is no stopping them

had it happen to me twice. Once almost killed me

· Registered
465 Posts
really sad. When the ass of these cars decide to come around there is no stopping them

had it happen to me twice. Once almost killed me
Yeah I took a turn too fast with the dunlops on OTS Stage 2 had it come out on me in R mode man if I'd been modded with my HKS/ETS setup I don't think traction could have kicked it back straight to assist. And now with the GTX I really can't run R mode so its 100% driver mod.

· Registered
465 Posts
do they get to a power point to where "R" mode is no longer usefull? or I am just trying to understand more - any info on that would be great.
I believe [and hopefully someone more knowledgeable comes along] when you've set up advanced traction options on the TCM with Cobb or ECUtek it can be accounted for, but for me right now where its just power power power, its actually more stressing to run R where it tries to handicap itself because of the massive increase in power. And yes you can over power the nannies.

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,486 Posts
do they get to a power point to where "R" mode is no longer usefull? or I am just trying to understand more - any info on that would be great.
At some point people should realize traction isn't always the issue. Traction control can always do so much. You can be driving and if you come across a bend going too fast or there is an object you try to avoid, the simple speed can cause you to loose control. Usually speed coupled with turning and poor road surface will do it. Gravel, oil, dirt on the road can be killer while accelerating or turning...or both.

Very sad no matter who or what was the fault of the accident.

· Registered
193 Posts
Very sad indeed
Nissan make a safe stock car. But a 22 yo in a modded high HP car with only a few years driving experience is just scary.
Very sad the amount of young kids that have lost their lives over the years in GTRs. R32 GTR cars are rare because they have all been smashed to pieces by young boys.
All the best to his family

· Registered
465 Posts
Very sad indeed
Nissan make a safe stock car. But a 22 yo in a modded high HP car with only a few years driving experience is just scary.
Very sad the amount of young kids that have lost their lives over the years in GTRs. R32 GTR cars are rare because they have all been smashed to pieces by young boys.
All the best to his family
Not many people are prepared for how quickly the GTR can get into the 9-10second range let alone if you start talking 1k+ 8-9second speed ranges.

· Registered
310 Posts
God bless he and the family he left behind to grieve!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.