Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've been looking for that stuff for a while, I just can't bring myself to pay 1-2k for gauges that are mostly useless. You can adjust the stock cluster in an R32/R33 to go from 180 kph scale to 180 mph scale, no Nismo tax needed and the odometer stays in km: https://www.gtr.co.uk/threads/stock-speedo-from-kph-to-mph-fine-tuning-speedometer.87982/

Anything critical like oil pressure, oil temperature, etc. I'm planning on running a Haltech so the ECU will blink the CEL and engage limp mode instead of having to stare at gauges while driving.

·
Dream Crusher
2,813 Posts
I was looking for a r33 gtr trunk with uprights and wing for a year now. Last week I finally found one on yahoo auctions without being bent over due to gtr tax

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah I hear that. Although I don't have an R33 so that doesn't really help here haha.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Oh....yeah I don't have a standard cluster, so it's not the kph going over 180 that's a concern. My car has a white Nismo one. I just want a black one. But I have located one for sale in Australia, and a fellow R34 owner on IG is helping to facilitate the deal. I should know more very soon.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Indeed it was! If you keep postin', I'll keep readin'!

Just recently confirmed that Nengun has located a black Nismo cluster for me! :irock: I was sitting on ordering one, but as soon as I found out they were discontinued, I bought one through them while it was still possible. Looking at their website, it now says discontinued! I paid $600, but I'm sure now the prices will skyrocket. I asked someone on IG how much they wanted for theirs and they said $1200! I wonder what they'll be worth in the future.
Well, I hope you're also enjoying the new videos I'm putting up on the YouTube channel...even if it's just to laugh at some idiot messing around with his car lol.

I have a white Nismo cluster in my car right now but prefer the black one too myself. I was holding off on buying since I didn't want to throw off the odometer especially with the potential for NHTSA to check my mileage...may have to rethink the timing now and just keep it saved for future install lol.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Definitely like the content and editing. Keep it up!

I get your hesitation for sure. I believe the odometers can be adjusted digitally though.

Speaking of, with the help of an Aussie 34 owner on Instagram, we were able to secure a black cluster! I just barely got this one! I'm pretty happy, especially when I saw that NO ONE was able to get one. Little piece of rarity now I guess. Once it gets delivered I'll share some pics, though I'm sure everyone already knows what it looks like. Happy holidays guys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck with all that. Hope you're saving your nickels and dimes for this. Going to cost you lots of money with all the plans . The trip to Omori especially

·
Registered
304 Posts
Omori Factory is going to be expensive both because they charge a lot more than most and because they want your car to be road registered/insured.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Yes I'm aware of all that. I'm not doing Omori work anytime soon and yes, I'm only planning on doing a few select things there. It's not like I'll be having them strip and refresh it.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Black Nismo cluster is going to be on it's way to me today or tomorrow! Apparently prices on these are insane now that they're discontinued. I got lucky!

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Well I received the Nismo cluster safe and sound last week, here it is in all its glory, though I know you guys already know what it looks like:

duQ1MJP.jpg?2

QbNtLI5.jpg?1

1SpiKgZ.jpg?1

Pretty chuffed to have this. Almost too nice to put in the car! Now these things are going for $3-3.5k USD!! :OMG:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow! Very nice find. Congratulations man! Enjoyed the back story too.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Well I received the Nismo cluster safe and sound last week, here it is in all its glory, though I know you guys already know what it looks like:

duQ1MJP.jpg?2

QbNtLI5.jpg?1

1SpiKgZ.jpg?1

Pretty chuffed to have this. Almost too nice to put in the car! Now these things are going for $3-3.5k USD!! :OMG:
Congrats! At those prices I wouldn't be surprised if Nismo starts a new production run eventually though especially since the Heritage Program keeps picking up steam.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thanks for reading Joel.

Thanks Oliver! Yes, I'm hearing rumors of them possibly making another run of these in March but we'll see. Of course I plan to install this eventually, not gonna sell.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm always skeptical of those claims, R33 GTR series 3 HIDs are up to 4k for a single headlight assembly without ballast, bulbs, caps, etc.. and I see no sign of them trying to remake those parts. Some parts just require a pretty massive scale to have production costs make sense.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts