Nissan GT-R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I wouldn't put it past them at all. Well for me, neither here nor there at least. I'm just worried about the carbon Z Tune bits; really hope they don't decide to stop making them even though they're simply made to order. I hope to start acquiring them by summer. Oh Nismo, you fickle bitch!

CW Collective diffuser got delayed, hope to have it in hand sometime early February.

·
Dream Crusher
2,813 Posts
I wouldn't put it past them at all. Well for me, neither here nor there at least. I'm just worried about the carbon Z Tune bits; really hope they don't decide to stop making them even though they're simply made to order. I hope to start acquiring them by summer. Oh Nismo, you fickle bitch!

CW Collective diffuser got delayed, hope to have it in hand sometime early February.
Charles diffuser looks really nice. I was hoping to add it to my R32, but my transfer and Diff cooler wont like it...

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Well, last night I ordered some Mine's parts, which if you're following on IG, you may have seen already. I got the shift and handbrake boots and the center armrest in alcantara with red stitching, the steering wheel with red stitching, and the titanium shift knob. The red stitching will match with the seats I plan to get; more on that later.

My wallet says woof.

In other news, the CW diffuser should be shipping next week. Will be awesome to finally have that in hand, though it's not like I can do much with it. :rolleyes:

Speaking of diffusers, if anyone wants to get in on a group buy from Blue Force Racing in Japan for a jack plate spacer for the rear diffuser, let me know. They are $38 before shipping. People will be PayPal'ing me and I will then send the funds to @jasondesu_ who lives in Japan and will be making the purchase. Those with a real VSpec car or above will need a different size from those of us normies with a standard pleb GT-R. These spacers sit in the hole on the jack plate mounted to the diffuser and make up the gap from the jack plate to the rear diff housing. This allows you to jack the rear of the car in the air without removing the diffuser; saves some time and hassle. Without the spacer you run the risk of flexing the diffuser too much and cracking it as there is a 1.5 - 2" gap. Not sure what Nissan was thinking there. :headshake:

I'm also considering selling my HKS Limited Edition titanium CBE to get a Mine's VX Silence Pro Titan III. Either exhaust would work just fine, but it would be pretty cool(and easy to say when explaining the car) to say I have the full Mine's exhaust since I plan to get the Outlet Pro and the titanium Front Pipe Pro. I would just need to find a buyer for the HKS. What is wrong with me? Send help.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
I hope so! I would like to get the carbon exterior parts! Apparently they're making some seats with VSpec Perfomance; will probably be more expensive than I plan to spend on seats.

Yes it is.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I was told that a black Nismo cluster recently sold for $4k! Has me thinking, but then I'd likely never find another one. Maybe I'll just keep it? :lol:

·
Track Rat
130 Posts
I was told that a black Nismo cluster recently sold for $4k! Has me thinking, but then I'd likely never find another one. Maybe I'll just keep it? :lol:
I'd keep it. As these cars and parts get older everything will only get more expensive and rarer.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
^Thanks.

Small update: just been buying parts for the GT-R slowly but surely, most recently Tomei Expreme Ti test pipe and Nismo multifunction mirrors. Been talking with other owners on IG and forums. Obviously I can't go over and see the car yet since Japan's borders are still closed.

Someone I know recently sold a black Nismo BNIB for $4k. For a cluster, crazy.

I'm really looking forward to ownership and all that comes with it, though I know it's gonna get crazy attention when it's here. I don't know if I'm ready for that. Hopefully I'm in another house and garage by the time it comes here, somewhat confident on that, but real estate is crazy here compared to Omaha. But I found out there's a SorD MNP II VSpec locally and two illegal cars, have yet to meet the purple car's owner, but we've been chatting.

'til later.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Attention is definitely there, you will have people honking, taking photos/videos, etc. Just drive safe, rubberneckers aren't paying attention to the road and it makes for dangerous situations. Leave plenty of gap and avoid large speed differentials.

·
Track Rat
130 Posts
Attention is definitely there, you will have people honking, taking photos/videos, etc. Just drive safe, rubberneckers aren't paying attention to the road and it makes for dangerous situations. Leave plenty of gap and avoid large speed differentials.
^ That is so true. Every time I've been out in my car I get atleast 1 person waving me down while driving or asking me to take pictures while I'm parked.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I had the same things happen with the STi. Things are gonna be crazier with this car. Hooray.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Mine's parts came in earlier than expected:
0oqMnGU.jpg?1

na7Bwnd.jpg?1

3nLz7qv.jpg?1

KhCeIet.jpg?1

JuimSXV.jpg?1

I also scored two sets of Willans Nismo harnesses from back in the day. These are the mid-logos from late 90's-early 00's. Very rare and found on Yahoo Japan. The most recent new logo harnesses were discontinued in 2016 and cost even more than the ones I have, when they come up for sale that is.
ZGryxCe.jpg

'til later.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Hey all, back with another post about parts. I got the last VSpec front lip that Terra Firma right when it went to Heritage Program, aka discontinued outside of Japan. It is now double what I paid for it. Yikes.

goVjAhV.jpg?1

The CW Collective diffuser I placed an order for in December finally showed up last week. This thing is nice. Can't wait to mount it on the car.

zGU07D1.jpg?1

Put a deposit down on an R35 brake set and a Supertec conversion. Gonna be awesome. Also have a Nismo intake plenum arriving from RHDJapan sometime this month. My wallet hates me and probably won't speak to me for years now. :lol:

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
A few more items have showed up recently, brand new kouki headlights. Trying to prepare before these get discontinued. Basically that's the name of the game for anyone outside Japan now:

nCJNNvF.jpg?1

I eluded to a Nismo plenum arriving on the last post. Well, here she is:

32RFPju.jpg?1

KtEgnP0.jpg?1

ZTd4fnk.jpg?1

Next up is a Nismo oil cooler kit. Will probably be buying that next month. Half of the R35 brakes paid for, but I'll wait to post pics 'til I get the whole shebang.

'til later.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Curious to know what drove you to get the Nismo plenum. I bought one too but I wonder if it's actually worth it. AFAIK installation is engine-out.

·
Registered
2000 Skyline GT-R
45 Posts
Well I plan to do an engine build at some point and if the factory offers an upgrade part, I'll go with that over aftermarket ones that perform the same function either for not much less or comparable price. And I certainly don't need to go billet like a Hypertune or Plazmaman because I'm not planning on going into the 4-figure power range. IMO the Nismo bit is worth it if you plan on being between 450-700hp. Install is engine out, yes. But that doesn't bother me

41 - 60 of 74 Posts