Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dealer suggests a new Y pipe as a first move, will this result in any increase in power/torque? Should I have a ECU upgrade as well? I do five track days a year and am happy with current car but would welcome a little more power.

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Get a midpipe and Cobb AP w/TCM. You will notice a huge difference -- increase in power/torque. Some of the members on here stated it is a "night and day difference." Personally, I know using the v3.6 maps with Cobb, you will notice a huge increase in power.

You are getting what you paid for with that setup...

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Get a midpipe and Cobb AP w/TCM. You will notice a huge difference -- increase in power/torque. Some of the members on here stated it is a "night and day difference." Personally, I know using the v3.6 maps with Cobb, you will notice a huge increase in power.

You are getting what you paid for with that setup...
It is a night and day difference.

v3.6 maps? Holy crap. Better power? I've got to start downloading...

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
my dealer suggests a new Y pipe as a first move, will this result in any increase in power/torque? Should I have a ECU upgrade as well? I do five track days a year and am happy with current car but would welcome a little more power.
For most dealers larger diameter midpipe (Y pipe) is fine- no cats and keep the resonator (less noisy) and loose some weight. No problem with warranty

Add the Cobb tune and that alters the ECU MAP so check with your dealership first- as this can void your warranty for some.

2012 GTR plus just the midpipe adds about 20-30 HP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts