Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car sit in garage for 5 days, the battery will drain.

Currently sent to workshop do checking, plug the amp on the battery, it show leak 0.18 amp, workshop check everything, fuse, interior unplug everything, still cannot find the problem, only we found if disconnect the bcm, it will stop leak. we are headache now.

Can someone has experience give some advise ?

I have upgrade to lergetas dba audio unit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
909 Posts
5 days seems a little fast. I hardly get to drive my car these days so it sits on a tender but its sat for 2+ weeks before and never had an issue. Let us know what you find out...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had many issues for same problem MY 2008-2014 . Mostly cause was AV unit . It does constantly ON audio amplifier signal . I have solution

·
Registered
554 Posts
5 days seems a little fast. I hardly get to drive my car these days so it sits on a tender but its sat for 2+ weeks before and never had an issue. Let us know what you find out...
We still cant find the problem. Previously can sit around one month for no problem. But suddenly become like this. Already change few battery. Still the same.

·
Registered
353 Posts
let remove 15a AUDIO fuse (located in the fuses small box in the battery room) and check difference .

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Year ? Lots of threads on this here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Funny, I have this same issue on my Daily 06 Outback LTD, it's the all in one unit in the dash. From what I have found is most things not all, have a full uint with climate control built in and has memory unit. this is what is causing my battery drain on a 1 year old Interstate MT battery. I all of a sudden started having battery drain issues out of the blue. I remembered I got a CD stuck when messing with the unit and it causes the issue even if you don't get anything stuck.

Try keeping your Nav/radio unit off. You can still use the heat/air. So far my battery has been just fine. I know it's not a GTR, but batt issues happen across the board and are hard to narrow down.

Also what is the least amount of draw that you can have with all Acc and car shut down in the garage? IE alarm LED or so on. all cars have some very small amount. get out a multi-meter and check from the battery or fuses.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny, I have this same issue on my Daily 06 Outback LTD, it's the all in one unit in the dash. From what I have found is most things not all, have a full uint with climate control built in and has memory unit. this is what is causing my battery drain on a 1 year old Interstate MT battery. I all of a sudden started having battery drain issues out of the blue. I remembered I got a CD stuck when messing with the unit and it causes the issue even if you don't get anything stuck.

Try keeping your Nav/radio unit off. You can still use the heat/air. So far my battery has been just fine. I know it's not a GTR, but batt issues happen across the board and are hard to narrow down.

Also what is the least amount of draw that you can have with all Acc and car shut down in the garage? IE alarm LED or so on. all cars have some very small amount. get out a multi-meter and check from the battery or fuses.
Thanks mate,

will try again with multi meter. This really funny, its call as supercar, but alot battery drain issue. LOL..

·
Registered
353 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.