Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,135 Posts
Couldn't find this posted anywhere so thought I would share. Had to replace the battery on the key fob. Dash warning kept saying it was low. Did what any one of us would do. Threw the key fob into the drawer and grabbed the other spare key fob lol. Well eventually that one was showing the same warning.

The battery inside the key fob is a CR 2032 which can be found almost anywhere. Ebay has them for $1. Anyways very easy to replace and no need to go to a dealership to have it done. Slide the the tab on the back of the key fob to pull out the key inside of it (this is not necessary but does provide a good spot to pry open the fob). Use a small flat screwdriver to gently pry open the two halves and replace the battery. Remember to make a note of what direction that battery goes before removing it.

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
LOL to the warranty void question.

Great info Wicked. I am due for some new batteries so I am glad you posted this

·
Super Moderator
3,848 Posts
Couldn't find this posted anywhere so thought I would share. Had to replace the battery on the key fob. Dash warning kept saying it was low. Did what any one of us would do. Threw the key fob into the drawer and grabbed the other spare key fob lol. Well eventually that one was showing the same warning.

The battery inside the key fob is a CR 2032 which can be found almost anywhere. Ebay has them for $1. Anyways very easy to replace and no need to go to a dealership to have it done. Slide the the tab on the back of the key fob to pull out the key inside of it (this is not necessary but does provide a good spot to pry open the fob). Use a small flat screwdriver to gently pry open the two halves and replace the battery. Remember to make a note of what direction that battery goes before removing it.
One thing though...when you use the screwdriver to pry the halves apart, hold your fingers really close 1/4"or so to the tip of the screwdriver, so that when the halves separate, the tip doesn't push in fast. I didn't, and the screwdriver tip ruined one of the surface-mount electrical components within...never got that key working again, even though I attempted to repair the damage!

Alexd

·
Super Moderator
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You must be used to pushing things in hard lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,848 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I once bought a cr2032 pack from ebay. from china. since that day i have to change key fob batteries nearly every months.

I suggest to go with varta or similar

1 - 14 of 14 Posts