Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I my 09 gtr dynoed at Kinetics motorworks in Hampstead nh yesterday . the best stock pull I got 409 hp .. then loaded cobb stage one and the best pull we got a increase of 13 hp at 7000 rpm ... we got about a 20 hp increase in the mid range .. I was expecting more but im still happy with the increase ...
I flashed the tcm to lc5 it shifts alot smoother but im not able to use the launch control correctly if I use lc5 stock setting it wont go over 2000 rpm on rrr or rroff .. when I load lc5 vdc off the rpm goes up over 5000 rpm as if im just in neutral. ive been playing with lc4 also trying to see if that will work better....
kinetics has 4 wheel dyno and a great setup

what are your experiences with the cobb and launch control ..

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
That sounds really low to me. You need a custom tune

Samsung Galaxy S4

·
Banned
383 Posts
Ya I want to use john Visconti.. He is awesome at tuning these grt's but he's kind of far away.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using GT-R Life mobile app
edit

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
+ 1 - custom tune needed. You should have picked up 40-50 wheel on an 09 assuming you had no tune previous and running 10psi.

The LC5 moves the rpm setting to the ECU from the TCM. Have your tuner set it at 4100 and I think you'll be happy with street tires. I've run numerous 1.5x shorts on R888's with the 4100.

Best of luck

·
Banned
383 Posts
did you make sure you used the high boost map?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Ya I want to use john Visconti.. He is awesome at tuning these grt's but he's kind of far away.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using GT-R Life mobile app
cant go wrong with him, if you ok with etunes, hes far from me to, but nothing is far over the internet lol.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Call Jack at HP Logic I went from 427-511 torque and 463-509 awhp on his mustang dyno in my 2013 with a midpipe and a custom tune. Car runs great just went back for full bolt ons those guys will make your car into a reliable animal.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was under the impression that a tune alone would net 100whp. There's so much talk about how the R35 was detuned from the factory (referring to the CBA cars). The newer cars are obviously putting out a lot more as far as power is concerned.

What's going on here guys?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

Unless I'm blind that's what I thought it said. Another h8er lol

Samsung Galaxy S4

·
Registered
657 Posts

Unless I'm blind that's what I thought it said. Another h8er lol

Samsung Galaxy S4
Wow.. a dyno sheet.. Never seen one of those before!
Go to the track and back up that dyno sheet, if its legit 140+ traps will be EASY for you

And what would I be "h8ing" on.. lol.. My car is actually fast, and went plenty fast on the stock twins and 20s as well..

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Talking shit is not hating? No one ever been smart about my dyno numbers except you. You made fun off it i proved it in your face now your screaming track number... That's sounds like hate to me. I have pss tires on and no one's breakin 9s with those. When I get some better tires il post up my time for you.

Samsung Galaxy S4

·
Registered
657 Posts
Talking shit is not hating? No one ever been smart about my dyno numbers except you. You made fun off it i proved it in your face now your screaming track number... That's sounds like hate to me. I have pss tires on and no one's breakin 9s with those. When I get some better tires il post up my time for you.

Samsung Galaxy S4
Who is talking shit?
I can post up a 800hp stock turbo dyno sheet, it doesn't mean it's legit or that people are dumb enough to believe it.

I said go to the track so you can sit and wonder why your "700+whp" car traps like a 620-640whp one. You can't inflate a track time like a dyno sheet. Also you don't need tires to put up a mph that is indicative of your actual hp.

Again I for one am not hating on your stock turbo car, just pointed out your inflated dyno numbers..

Don't post up your times for me btw.. Cause unless you trap over 142mph I'm just going to "hate" and tell you your shit isn't making 700hp lol

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Here are mine.

Both of these were taken on a MUSTANG dyno in Florida.

First is my tune only. No other mods. Stock oem paper filters et.

449awhp 397TQ 100% stock

498awhp 511TQ with tune only

Now here is my second dyno with a AAM Resonated Midpipe and K&N drop in filters. HUGE GAIN OVER TUNE ONLY! 30hp!
NOTE: I took out the K&N's after 1600 miles because the oil report showed to much silicon content in the oil. The K&N's were filtering too poorly for my tastes.

530awhp 543TQ

I have since De-tunned my car due to Cobb's new software causing knock with my old tune parameters. I probably only make around 505awhp to the wheels now.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Who is talking shit?
I can post up a 800hp stock turbo dyno sheet, it doesn't mean it's legit or that people are dumb enough to believe it.

I said go to the track so you can sit and wonder why your "700+whp" car traps like a 620-640whp one. You can't inflate a track time like a dyno sheet. Also you don't need tires to put up a mph that is indicative of your actual hp.

Again I for one am not hating on your stock turbo car, just pointed out your inflated dyno numbers..

Don't post up your times for me btw.. Cause unless you trap over 142mph I'm just going to "hate" and tell you your shit isn't making 700hp lol
If you are smart to realize this is not a mustang dyno... It's a dynocom when we converted to mustang numbers it was 606hp and 624 tq you happier with those numbers? I went to a different mustang dyno and got similar mustang results.

Samsung Galaxy S4

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.