Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two month ago I traded in my old 2009 GTR which always seemed to cause me problems.
I bought a new 2012 Blue Black edition and said I would never modify it.
That did not last for long. Lol. So I spoke with a lot of guys about what do do to make the most power possible without compromising the stock like feel.
I decided to buy a HKS resonated mid pipe,(pretty quiet) Boost Logic intakes(very nice and pretty quiet), SIR 1150 cc injectors and SIR pumps.
We don't have a good performance shop here in El Paso so the local GTR master tech did my upgrades for me.
Ben took this process very slow and we went through multiple maps each time stepping up the power and making sure the tune was safe, perfect and allowed the car to run like stock.
In the end Ben sent me 9 maps, and the car runs flawless, drives smooth as silk. Everything I ever wanted for this car.
I can't tell you guys how much time Ben took with me to ensure the perfect balance on this car.
I had some issues with 91 octane, desert heat, and the 4200ft elevation here in El Paso, but Ben was patient and we kept making adjustments.
Now i have a econ map, 91 octane map, e 85 map, e85 drag race map.

Ill be honest I don't think ill ever go back to 91 octane. Holy shit the car pulls like a frickin freight train on e85. It doesn't hurt that the E85 station is only 4.9 miles away.

Once i tried the e85 map I was in car heaven, its like crack for car lovers, It is seriously addicting. I cant imagine ever looking at 91 octane again.

Thanks Ben for all of your efforts.. I always hoped that the GTR could run as amazing as you have tuned it.

Eric

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
It's always good hear stories like this!

Another satisfied customer.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Awesome to hear! Enjoy the new found power!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Ben is the man

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
lol these threads are getting crazy. just doing what i love

Will Trang is banging out DBA updates almost daily lately, get really excited when i get a request for DBA + e85

thanks Eric & good luck at strip, will see what i can do about vegas

·
Boost Junky
4,007 Posts
Hear lots of good about Ben. I'll be shooting him a message when I get my Cobb AP shortly.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I wish we had E85 up here!

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Good for you, Ben! Nice job.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i still have stock down pipes in my research I found them to make minimal difference in power +20 at most and it was not worth the added noise.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol these threads are getting crazy. just doing what i love

Will Trang is banging out DBA updates almost daily lately, get really excited when i get a request for DBA + e85

thanks Eric & good luck at strip, will see what i can do about vegas
Cool hope to see ya there.

·
Aм labelled as a trouble мAкE&#1
1,522 Posts
That's not something new .. Ben is the man!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice story, thank you for sharing. Im too thinking about modding my 13BE in the next few weeks... Im still under 1000 miles break in period.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes, Ben did my E85 tune also. Recently Dyno'd 620whp and 600lb ft. Thanks Ben.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts