Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 2015 GTR and I am planning on doing the following mods:

Decatted mid pipe (could possibly change to full cat back system)

• 3" Intakes
  • 1050cc injectors
  • 340L fuel pumps

In terms of ECU upgrade I have been looking at COBB AP V3 and have come across 2 versions:

1. AP3-NIS-007 (Engine tuning only)
  2. AP3-NIS-008 (Engine + TCM tuning)

What are the benefits of having a COBB AP with TCM tuning? Is it worth going with this option based on the modifications that I'm planning on doing?

Thanks

Aki

·
Registered
823 Posts
It's worth it for the Clutch Relearn/TP and CC adjustment alone IMO. But the benefit of being able to do a custom TCM map is even more reason. You won't regret getting the TCM version.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
You can also add different TCM maps like VDC OFF maps or optimized shifting map which is great. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I would recommend COBB to have a video on YouTube teaching us how to use these functions.

I have the TCM since last year and never touched it
Every one here is recommending different settings so I decided not to touch it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Concencus appears to be that it's worth getting the engine and TCM version of the Cobb.

Another question, are there OTS TCM maps available from Cobb or is all TCM mapping done by the tuner?

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Cobb allows upgrading to latest versions of TCM, but anything custom comes from a tuner.

Depending on what your looking for, an OTS May work fine, but most likely would benefit from a full tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the clarification guys.
Looks like my mind is made up, going to get a Cobb with TCM.

One final question for all those who have purchased them; RRP for NIS-008 is $1350.
Is this typically what everyone pays or do traders on here offer a cheaper price and if so which traders?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Cobb doesn’t support the V2 anymore and i think you’ll find that the maps for them don’t work correctly anymore.

For a V3 with TCM I’m selling them for $900 obo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Cobb doesn’t support the V2 anymore and i think you’ll find that the maps for them don’t work correctly anymore.

For a V3 with TCM I’m selling them for $900 obo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.