Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys- I recently purchased a 2010 GT-R with 20k miles. Very good condition but the exhausts are just caked in carbon. What works well on this?

·
Registered
778 Posts
My tips get REAL black (the cars seem to vary from car to car on how black they get).

I use Nevr Dull to do hard cleans, then chrome polish on a polishing ball on a drill....once sparkling I do what other GTR owners have told me....a spray of WD40 (wiping off excess and what gets outside of the inner portion). After the WD40 all it takes is a wipe with a paper towel every few weeks and it comes clean.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used mothers aluminum and mag polish. They didn't have billet or wizard at pep boys hahaha. Anyway-wow. Should have taken a "before" shot. But basically these pipes had 24k miles worth of carbon baked onto them.

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,648 Posts
Hey guys- I recently purchased a 2010 GT-R with 20k miles. Very good condition but the exhausts are just caked in carbon. What works well on this?
What octane and brand of fuel do you purchase.

As soon as I switched to 93 oct, by Husky within one tank use my tips are clean and remain clean.

Just my experience from here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It may be sacrilege but I don't have brand loyalty re: gasoline. Maybe I should? I use 93 octane though. Who knows what the previous owner put in it. I assume 93 since they took great care of it otherwise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.