Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a 2009 GTR, bought the car with a lot of mods already installed, My turbo (bank 1) HKS GT800 was damaged, and now I want to change my setup to GTC Borgwarner EFR 6758 on pump gas, as I only want it for street use daily driver car.

My only experienced e-tune was with Rob Baker, I can't say enough about him, he is an amazing guy to work with and he is very patient with his customers.

From your experience, who is the best e-tuner out there?

Based on what I have heard, Ben Linney is one of the best.

Any opinions?

Best regards

Fahad

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Ben for me too. I don't think it is rocket science to tune a car so it comes down to service after the tune and response time. Many people can't get their tuners to response after payment and initial tune.

·
Technician
751 Posts
Been beaten to death.

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Check the vendor review section and it will become very clear very quickly who has the most positive reviews.

·
Vendor
313 Posts
Thanks for the kind words my friend Fahad.

The key to a good E-tuner is..... they don't abandon you if you have problems. Guys like Ben and I are pretty good and diagnosing and helping guys resolve the stupid little issues that come with the game of modding a car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
as what i told you . u will not go wrong with the UK guy ;)
+1 totally agree

As I lived 8 years in Aberdeen and 1 year in Derby (UK), people out there are accurate in every thing, specially in time and doing there work. Safety can be added to the list, they do look from the safety side in every tiny thing.

Actually when my son born in Aberdeen, the midwife came with me to the car to check if there is a baby car seat in the car or not, and I turned out going to John Louise to buy one and the wife and baby waiting for me at the hospital... LOL

Hopefully they do safe tunes too LOL

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the kind words my friend Fahad.

The key to a good E-tuner is..... they don't abandon you if you have problems. Guys like Ben and I are pretty good and diagnosing and helping guys resolve the stupid little issues that come with the game of modding a car.
It was great working with you Rob. You handle every tiny and huge problem that you faced in a great way, I really can't say enough my friend..

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Have Ben L and highly recommend him! Had some issues with my car recently and with his help its working better then ever
could not be happier!

·
fun haver
1,637 Posts
Ronnie at RDE is the best. Most ppl have no idea what tune they have. If the goal is for you not to notice anything weird with the car like cold start, no knock, no abnormal sign then several choices are out there. If you want the tuner to take time to refine the tune to optimize the tune for your car, that's different story. Most stuff that matter you dont really see.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ronnie at RDE is the best. Most ppl have no idea what tune they have. If the goal is for you not to notice anything weird with the car like cold start, no knock, no abnormal sign then several choices are out there. If you want the tuner to take time to refine the tune to optimize the tune for your car, that's different story. Most stuff that matter you dont really see.
+1 Ronnie will take the time and actually finish the job he started. And make sure the customer is happy with the outcome! Also Ronnie is a builder as well as a master tuner. Nothing better than having a tuner that knows what's going on in there. Not to start a fire but I know he's RETUNED a hand full of ben's cars just in the past month. Heard they were all left high and dry waiting for that "finished" product. But of course they won't come on here and say anything. It's all hush hush around here.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts