Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,981 Posts
I'm planning to get an Intercooler Pipe Kit, not really looking for gains atm.. just to refresh the bay look. (so kit cost>gains)
I'm FBO and have an Alpha Street FMIC, 3" Sakura intakes, Stock manifold.

• What's the best kit option(upper & lower) that fits with my Alpha IC & My HKS bovs? (i like my bovs, not ready for TiaLs)
  • Looking to go Full Blue or Full Red.
  • Will I need any retuning??

btw: the SD tune myth, you don't actually have to buy an SD kit for $300+ just to run a VTA bov. I don't have an SD kit, My tuner said "I only tune base on SD" 100 times, when I kept asking him if it's ok to run VTA without an SD kit.. and he's right.. car runs perfect, no knock/limp etc.. However, I see most IC pipes have the bov relocated more towards the bottom end... will this "I only tune bas on SD" apply, without having to get an SD kit?

I recently got blue/red silicone hoses just to see how the bay looks before deciding the color of any powedercoated pipes i get. looks ugly i know, just for trial lol

e28f432d90c9588c7478f0e8c24b77c6.jpg

· Registered
1,934 Posts
Did you look at the GotBoost IC pipes?

· Vendor
4,566 Posts
We make a kit that is for the AMS Alpha street and also has the option of the stock bov flange, so your HKS bovs will fit with the adapter you already have.

Get a hold of me and I will give you some "Black Friday" pricing.

· Registered
234 Posts
Keep into consideration that should you choose to upgrade to an aftermarket Intake Manifold down the line, the piping you buy may or may not line up with the throttle bodies. Some aftermarket manifolds change the angle and/or location of the throttle bodies which will affect pipe fitment.

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep into consideration that should you choose to upgrade to an aftermarket Intake Manifold down the line, the piping you buy may or may not line up with the throttle bodies. Some aftermarket manifolds change the angle and/or location of the throttle bodies which will affect pipe fitment.
I do plan to fully build my car, but at a later stage not before 2yrs, since im building my other car now $$ lol.

In that case, whats a fit for all pipe then haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,981 Posts
Ultimately, this is how I want my setup to look like. For now focusing on the IC pipe kits. I've seen them all just wondering

-Can they all be powedercoated in this blue?

-Which ones work best with my HKS bovs?

-OEM manifold

-Fits with my AMS Street intercooler

-I've got the Sakura 3" intakes, but they're in RED.. so either I keep those and powdercoat them again, or just get a whole new kit.

suggestions?

49166764503_b3ec07c8a7_c.jpg https://flic.kr/p/2hUGw9g

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.