Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
For your GT-R viewing pleasure of the day, sit back and watch the 2013 ( 2012 global) GT-R dominate two specialty models of the worlds most renowned supercars in a 0-400m(6ft shy of a 1/4 mile) battle

GT-R 10.919 VS GT2 RS 11.544

GT-R 11.051 VS Gallardo 11.565

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
GT-R weighs more, has less power, has narrower tires, and still crushes the competition. Well done!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
AWESOME!
(Thanks MC!)

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
[quote name='ak47m203' timestamp='1325597925' post='818963']

i still cannot believed it beating the 911 GT2 RS,,,,i think the driver just messed up.

[/quote]

I thought the RS was slower than the TurboS mainly because of the lack of AWD? Whatever the case...Godzilla FTW!

PS...That Gallardo looks so sexy to me...at least sitting next to the GT-R.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I thought the RS was slower than the TurboS mainly because of the lack of AWD? Whatever the case...Godzilla FTW!

my bad im thinking of turbo s.........how hp is the RS...it is still 620hp and lighter.....they need to use the drift king with the rs.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
lol. Better watch out, some fan boys are going to tell you that the GTR gets as much or more looks then their Lambos ;-) (Agree with you however).

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Man, this makes me want to dump my modding and pick up a '13.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
not true. the gtr has always been and always will be a track monster. the issue here is that the focus is on quartermile in the media. nissan also has to improve there launch control with the competition, ie porsche, so it must match there performance as close as possible.
also note that there have not been many changes to the gtr since its release. very small changes have been made.

I am also seeing the future lol, nissan will release a 580hp gtr in the future. the FIA GT3 GT-R is just below 600hp and also one of the creators of the engine from cosworth said on an engine dyno its capable of running reliably at 600bhp. with this information i predict the vr38 will go into a transformation in the future. maybe it will be a nismo tune engine - spec Z or something of that sorts. the final evolution of the R35.

With that said, its unknown for sure, but to come back to your suggestion of peroformance on a race track... it will more than likly be increased. currently Mizuno has said there budget for upgrades has been slim but he has taken the best upgrade path's with his limit on spending, and i would agree. seeing that the gt-r will now be around for a few more years and Mizuno has HINT'ed at a few other things in the project's future, its going to be very interesting to say the least. NDA's and trusting people are keeping a tight lip on what they already know.

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alot of the z06/zo7 and ZR1 tests are on the street legal Michelin race slicks... that makes a big difference...

·
Registered
45 Posts
The GT-R needs better tires, it's about the only thing that they haven't updated on the car since the beginning. The z06 were no match for the GT-R when they had equal tires, but that's not the case anymore. Tires are porbably the most important thing on a perfomance car.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
You got to be kidding me... It looses to the other Cars for multiple reasons but most of them due to the tires and you really don't know much about racing if your trying to claim the gtr should do better.

Nissan will also never release a time for the track edition with slick tires. However in an interview they let it slip that the slick tire gtr did faster than 7:20... Its claimed to be at least 7:16 but no one will really know for sure.

If gtr wants to go faster on the ring it needs to be lighter for 1 and slick tires will help... ie the track edition.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah the GTR does need better tire but when they upped from the Bridgestone 140 AA tires to the Dunlop 200 AA tires the performance was much improved! Where as the Vette as down graded to 80 AA and that's too much for most cars! Maybe the GTR needs more tread than less because of the weight?

I also think they DESPERATLY need Ceramic brakes! they are really falling behind everyone else on this and the C&D test proves that!

It's daft with Nissan not releasing times for there best edition! That's like Corvette saying not to release a time for the ZR1 because it will offend the Z06 drivers? BS! Maybe it's true that there not much better at all for so much more money? i.e. Spec V and Track pack editions!
Yeah, I wouldn't want 80-tires for a car, you would probably need to buy new ones every year. But they already proved once thay you don't need to sarcrifice durability to improve grip.

You can buy ceramic brakes with the 2013 model, but it's very expensive. Here in Sweden the price from 2012 to 2013 model only increased by 1-2% (yay!), but the ceramic brake option costs 14% of the price of the entire car, you could easy buy another new small car for that! But since it's an option, just like the performance package to the z06, they should definitely use it when they set their lap times.

·
Founder/Admin
26,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the ceramics are offered as a factory option in japan now on the base model car for around $22K thats a substantial decrease from when they were available on the SpecV....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.