Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new Black Edition in NJ and brought it back home to MI. I'm curious if anyone is aware of who the best Nissan dealer in the Detroit area is for service, oil changes and warranty work if needed. I would love to find a dealer who would also be more understanding of a car that will receive some aftermarket items including a Cobb tune and exhaust mods. It seems like some dealers are stricter on warranty items than others. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dick Scott nissan has been great so far. They have certified techs there that would work on your car. I also discussed aftermarket parts with them. I would give them call with your questions and concerns

·
Registered
904 Posts
Speak with Nick Castiglione the service manager at Suburban Nissan. They are aftermarket friendly and advised they were 1 of 2 authorized GT-R dealers in Michigan. The other being on the west side of the state. A bonus is that they are next door to my shop.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
My experiences of the last 4 years of Detroit area GTR dealers

Dick Scott - Canton. Bought my 2010 premium from there. Arrived at a pre-arranged time to pick it up and it wasn't even prepped, no fuel in it etc etc. Haven't been back.

Suburban Troy. Serviced car once. OK but wouldn't agree the car needed bell housing TSB even though it rattled terribly.

Suburban Farmington. Serviced car 3 or 4 times. Refused to do POS on the car as it had been modified (Switzer) even though I just asked for the alignment check/adjust. During last service tipped acid based wheel cleaner all over my 2 week old Advans and ruined them (they did eventually replace them though).

In all, pretty bad experiences with all so far. Wouldn't recommend any of them. Let me know if you find a good one but I wouldn't hold your breath.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Rough to read. Thankfully owning a shop will make my dealer trips few and far between.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have only taken my car to the dealer once. Tamaroff in Southfield for the 1,000 mile service. Will be doing the first oil change when the weather clears up. No complaints with them but I can't comment if they are mod friendly or not.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have only taken my car to the dealer once. Tamaroff in Southfield for the 1,000 mile service. Will be doing the first oil change when the weather clears up. No complaints with them but I can't comment if they are mod friendly or not.
We can tackle the oil service for you. Save some $$ over the dealer.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Darrin. I've had my car to Tamaroff and they never cared about the mods and I even told them that it was a bolt on E85 car. As far as oil and filter change, I take mine to the mobile one down the street from my house and pay the same that I pay to get the oil done on my infiniti cars. Too many people are going to try to screw you on the price for such easy things because its a GTR. Find someone that wont charge extra just becuase of the car.

·
Registered
420 Posts
For anyone else, dont even bother the suburban troy service if you even so much as have a midpipe on the car. Years ago after I picked up my 12 from them I had a midpipe installed. Later the SES lihht came on. Suburban charged me over $100 to reset the light and wouldnt do anything under warranty. Car has never been back there again and will never go back based on that BS. Took the car to Tamaroff who determined that an o2 sensor went bad and covered it under warranty. Car has went to them ever since when needed.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. About to take my car in for the one year POS

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
904 Posts
For anyone else, dont even bother the suburban troy service if you even so much as have a midpipe on the car. Years ago after I picked up my 12 from them I had a midpipe installed. Later the SES lihht came on. Suburban charged me over $100 to reset the light and wouldnt do anything under warranty. Car has never been back there again and will never go back based on that BS. Took the car to Tamaroff who determined that an o2 sensor went bad and covered it under warranty. Car has went to them ever since when needed.
Thanks for the heads up. I was planning to head to Suburban soon to meet the new service manager since Nick is apparently no longer there. Worst case - I will check out Tamaroff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts