Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I am starting a full bolt on build on my 2014 gtr and I wondering what blow off valves sound the best. I am going to be running a speed density tune by Ben Linney and I am wondering between these 3 what bovs sound the best and also are the most reliable. SBD 50 mm bov, tial 50 mm bov, and turbo smart race port bov. Looking to hear opinions! Thanks again :dance:

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
Tial and who cares about sound ? They work and don't leak like others you listed.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Tial

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Tial BOV need correct springs installed to prevent surge, or to run the new style Tial that don't operate on differential boost pressure with stiff springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is no better BOV than TIAL.

For a direct OEM replacement run the QR's with a 8psi spring with 29mm outlet.

anything more or less on the spring on a stock motor and turbos will create issues.

You will also have to get the v-band adapter plates to be able to install them.

Make sure you use the O-rings as well.

$259.99ea is the lowest allowed legit price you should be able to get them for.

Below are the TIAL part numbers for the QR's with 29mm & 8psi spring

RED 002998

Silver 002989

Purple 002995

Blue 002997

Black 002996

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is a link to Tial spring chart so you can choose the correct spring http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w3_tial_qqr_sp.pdf

Also if you are still running a MAF sensor I would not recommend running Tial Q BOV's as they vent to atmosphere and will create issues with the MAF.

It is always better to run Tial QR's with an MAF and Q's if you have converted to a speed density setup and using a MAP sensor.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here is a link to Tial spring chart so you can choose the correct spring http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w3_tial_qqr_sp.pdf

Also if you are still running a MAF sensor I would not recommend running Tial Q BOV's as they vent to atmosphere and will create issues with the MAF.

It is always better to run Tial QR's with an MAF and Q's if you have converted to a speed density setup and using a MAP sensor.
Thanks I've seen that chat before but I don't know how to work it out. I don't really know what PSI and stuff really are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.