Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for better traction on my car I have Advan gts with MPSS tires , they just don't hook up well with 900hp what else is better and worth the $ , still want to street / track the car and have it ride good

· Registered
10,370 Posts
R888 if 20" and M&H if 18". I have both and primarily just use the 20's.

You will still blow through first gear if your trying to launch above 2800 on the street with just a small amount of BOTL. That's a pretty sweet spot for the street too, vbox has shown 9.6 @ 153.

2800 LC
- some spin and clutch slip in 2nd
9.6 @ 151

3800 LC
- blows them off and gets some hop into limp mode

· GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,039 Posts
I'm looking for better traction on my car I have Advan gts with MPSS tires , they just don't hook up well with 900hp what else is better and worth the $ , still want to street / track the car and have it ride good
It's really hard to strike a balance...each has +/-'s. And...the surface you are on can play a huge role too. 888's are probably your most neutral bet.

· Front Mount 2500 HP
3,664 Posts
I like my 20s
That burns clutches and you will find out the repercussions of that shortly(if you haven't already), and your 20s are the reason you cook tire through 3 gears. In my experience anything close to the 1000 hp mark or above will need a much stickier tire then the r888 to actually use that power. So I say once again 18 with a M&H and you will be hooking up much better, I run them with 1300 whp on the street and track and I get awesome traction for the most part.

· Registered
427 Posts
I have been running my R888's for several thousand miles with zero issues and they hold 1100 awhp very good. BTW, I run the 285/315 combo.

· Knowledge is recession proof!
4,169 Posts
R888 is a good alternative. And the only good option, if you're running 20's.

Best option is running 18's on drag radials.

It all depends on what kind of racing you do. If it involves turns, I'd stick to the R888.

· Registered
465 Posts
That burns clutches and you will find out the repercussions of that shortly(if you haven't already), and your 20s are the reason you cook tire through 3 gears. In my experience anything close to the 1000 hp mark or above will need a much stickier tire then the r888 to actually use that power. So I say once again 18 with a M&H and you will be hooking up much better, I run them with 1300 whp on the street and track and I get awesome traction for the most part.
I trust your advice sadly I was gonna try to use r888s :(

· <"))))><
3,641 Posts
Man this is hard choice,,, r888 people say are unbearable noise daly driving and don't know about the Nt-01s
If oyur car is making 900whp, the noise it is creating will likely be louder than the R888. There is a lot of road and mechanical noise to begin with on these cars.

· Front Mount 2500 HP
3,664 Posts
I trust your advice sadly I was gonna try to use r888s :(
Don't get me wrong ... the R888 is one of the best tires I have been on, but when stacked up against a 18 inch rim + drag radial, there is no comparison ... the latter is far superior

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.