Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently took a GTR exhaust to FedEx, but they said it was too big. They advised to use FedEx freight. Was quoted around 500 dollars to ship fron idaho to Maryland. Plus 150 bucks for them to wrap it up for me. So, figured I’d just package it myself

also, the exhaust is in 2 pieces. I have pictures of it here Selling Meistershaft exhaust (LOWERED PRICE) $2000 -...

is this how people do it? FedEx freight?
Any better way?

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
100 Posts
Undo it at the slip joint and break it up into three pieces. It will still be $2xx+

·
Registered
70 Posts
FedEx ground has been having a LOT of issues lately, lost packages, delivered to the wrong address, ect. I’d try to find someone else. DHL, maybe? Not sure if they’re any more expensive or not.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
FedEx used to be great but, these days, avoid FedEx, USPS, and DHL. All three are pretty horrible in the last few years. DHL is the equivalent to USPS these days. FedEx just DGAF.

Freight might be your best bet. I recently had an exhaust system shipped to me LTL which came on a pallet and the box looked brand new on arrival. The exhaust before that shipped from NV to CO and looked like it was beat 100x over but luckily no damage. Would not recommend any standard shipping method for exhaust after that experience.

If you ship UPS ground, they will absolutely kill you with shipping due to the large box. The dimensional weight will be significant even if actual weight isn't much.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you ship UPS ground, they will absolutely kill you with shipping due to the large box. The dimensional weight will be significant even if actual weight isn't much.
Seems silly. Many of the GTR exhausts barely weigh anything. I just had Bowflex adjustable barbells delivered in a rather compact but extremely heavily box that I’m sure was far more of a pain to handle.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
If your not worried about the length of time, can always try Uship and have someone add it to their load.

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
100 Posts
Reactions: cfmillz

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,962 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts