Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got new Advan GT Premiums inbound, and figure that they'll never be cleaner than new, so now is the time to protect them with some sort of sealant or ceramic coating or whatever.

So, that being the case- what should I use?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got quoted $250 to do them in ceramic pro. I am considering that option.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ceramic Pro works well.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
Ceramic Pro would be the best you can get but its expensive. Ive used Poor Boys Wheel Sealant as a cheaper option with about 2 coats and its worked well.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Gtechniq Wheel Armor. Do two coats for even coverage. Make sure you clean the wheel surface with a mix of distilled water and isopropyl alcohol (mix in a bottle, spray it down, and wipe with a clean micro fiber). Then apply the coating .. make sure you get ever inch of the wheel that isn't covered by the tires.

when you eventually get to washing the wheels, be amazed as the dirt and brake dust come clean off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use Poorboys wheel sealant as well, and have had very good results. It is not a "long term" sealant like some of the ceramics are, and should be applied in similar intervals to waxing/sealing your paint.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Since you got the new one...you should just apply it by yourself..it is super easy.

The person who gave you $250 quote should be slapped with your new Advan GT

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
um $250 sounds about right honestly. A bottle of ceramic pro is $250 alone.

·
Registered
381 Posts
um $250 sounds about right honestly. A bottle of ceramic pro is $250 alone.
None of the glass coating bottles are more than $100...

Just get any decent coatings for wheels such as Gtecnique wheel coating, Carpro Ceramic Quartz, Opti coat...they are less than $60 bottle, and you won't even use 1/4 of that bottle to do your 4 wheels. Extremely easy to apply...

Most of them last more than 2 years...you can't even tell the difference for different products..also

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has tried Rainx on their wheels?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I wonder if this can be applied to the exhaust tips. Those accumulate carbon build up just by driving down the highway and back, ha-ha. As for the wheels, I'd like something that would make it easier to clean the brake dust off. I usually spray a wheel cleaner on, let it soak for the recommended amount of time, rinse off, then wash with a separate sponge.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I got quoted $250 to do them in ceramic pro. I am considering that option.
My GTR was done with a full paint correction and OptiCoat Pro. I also had my Advan GT Premiums coated with it at the same time. Works very good. Water literally falls off the paint and wheels.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wonder if this can be applied to the exhaust tips. Those accumulate carbon build up just by driving down the highway and back, ha-ha. As for the wheels, I'd like something that would make it easier to clean the brake dust off. I usually spray a wheel cleaner on, let it soak for the recommended amount of time, rinse off, then wash with a separate sponge.
There are many choices among coating selections. You can use glass coating on plastic, vinyl, chrome, and exhaust tips also

·
Registered
593 Posts
Had poor boys applied to my undercarriage and wheels today. Highline Auto Detailing north Houston did a fantastic job. Gtr has ceramic pro coating. Will be interesting to see which makes keeping clean easier.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts