Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey everyone.

So I have been running with the BETA HP Stage 2 map from Cobb for almost 2 years I think now. This was the "High Horsepower" one I believe with the 13psi, 15psi, 16psi and 17.5psi settings available.
Modifications running this map were

2011 GTR
- GotBoost 3" intakes
- AMS Mid-Pipe

I am looking to pick up cat-less downpipes in the next day or so and I am not sure if I should stick with the BETA Stage 2 map or make the switch to the Stage 3 map. I will probably end up picking up a set of 1,000cc injectors as well but am not really keen on doing drop in fuel pumps at this time. So with the two modification lists below, which map would suit me the best (BETA Stage 2 or Stage 3)

- 3" intakes
- cat-less downpipes
- mid pipe

and

- 3" intakes
- cat-less downpipes
- mid pipe
- 1,000cc injectors

My hesitation to switching over to the stage 3 map is because when I ran the normal "Stage 2" map it honestly felt slower then the factory map and a few runs against a friends car proved this to be true. Then when I found the BETA Stage 2 map, it was a complete night and day difference on the 17.5psi setting.
Also I know a pro tune will always be the best solution but I am waiting until I have all the modifications I plan to go with on the car before getting the pro-tune done.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
First off, there is no Stage 3 OTS map without the 1000cc injectors. So if you install the downpipes and don't do injectors yet, stick with your current tune and keep the boost low and monitor IDC!

Stage 3 OTS Map: It won't be slower, it will be better and more importantly SAFER. With the addition of DOWNPIPES you will surely get more power and will max out your injectors, which is not good to run your engine lean especially in the winter. So get the 1000cc injectors and downpipes and load up the Stage 3 OTS map. It's actually a pretty good map to run. V7 OTS maps are coming real soon too...

And if you stay on PUMP gas, you do NOT need pumps. Do the injectors and downpipes and load up the Stage 3 map. You will be good to go and happy with the setup until you get a protune.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
First off, there is no Stage 3 OTS map without the 1000cc injectors. So if you install the downpipes and don't do injectors yet, stick with your current tune and keep the boost low and monitor IDC!

Stage 3 OTS Map: It won't be slower, it will be better and more importantly SAFER. With the addition of DOWNPIPES you will surely get more power and will max out your injectors, which is not good to run your engine lean especially in the winter. So get the 1000cc injectors and downpipes and load up the Stage 3 OTS map. It's actually a pretty good map to run. V7 OTS maps are coming real soon too...

And if you stay on PUMP gas, you do NOT need pumps. Do the injectors and downpipes and load up the Stage 3 map. You will be good to go and happy with the setup until you get a protune.
Yea what hr said lol +100000. But it wouldn't hurt to upgrade your pumps while your adding those mods......lm on stage 3 with all the mods plus pumps car runs very well on 93

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea what hr said lol +100000. But it wouldn't hurt to upgrade your pumps while your adding those mods......lm on stage 3 with all the mods plus pumps car runs very well on 93
I have never had any luck with drop in fuel pumps in the past in any of my cars so I always try to stay away from them if it is in a car I use all the time such as the GTR. If it was just a weekend toy I wouldn't have as much of an issue but I use the GTR daily/all year. It gets about 30,000km (18,500miles) a year put on it. And the main part where I always had issues with the aftermarket pumps is when you run close to empty. I don't try to do this but on my long road trips I usually find my self pumping in 67-70 litres (17.5-18.5 gallons) on fills ups so I don't want to test this out with an aftermarket pump and get stranded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts