Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am confused by your post. Seems like you copy pasted it? Can you fix the pictures / forum links.

Edit: Thanks for the fix.

Sounds like a super shady guy/company to work with. They looked used when you got them initially. Hopefully the shop you are using can fix up the wheels so they are at least usable.

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Ye Ming is known around the industry for manufacturing wheels and rim halves for many wheel companies. Its all JUNK. I'm not surprised. you think you may be saving some money, but in the end you get what you pay for.
Who else does this Ye Ming guy supply for? We need to make sure that people stay away; wheels aren't something to cheap out on since failure can lead to a serious accident.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Who else does this Ye Ming guy supply for? We need to make sure that people stay away; wheels aren't something to cheap out on since failure can lead to a serious accident.
I completely agree.....................does anyone else know who they supply? I just placed an order for some forged wheels. Hopefully they are not on the list!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Read this guys story and that sucks. I feel for him as I went through the same thing with a company called VIP-Status. I went through seven months of bullshit with them before finally filing a claim and getting my money back. There was a large group of us on the 370z forum that had problems so I would stay away from VIP-Status as well.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Read this guys story and that sucks. I feel for him as I went through the same thing with a company called VIP-Status. I went through seven months of bullshit with them before finally filing a claim and getting my money back. There was a large group of us on the 370z forum that had problems so I would stay away from VIP-Status as well.
Yeah VIP Status/Venaci/Status Auto burned a whole bunch of G37 & Z guys. The messed up part is that these a-holes are still around, and they still owe people money (and wheels).

Glad to hear that you got your money back!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yeah VIP Status/Venaci/Status Auto burned a whole bunch of G37 & Z guys. The messed up part is that these a-holes are still around, and they still owe people money (and wheels).

I know, it's ridiculous. I don't know how some of these guys sleep at night. I couldn't get any response for amount a month before filing to get my money back so I wasn't sure if the bank would be able to help or not. Not to mention the transaction was now 7 months old at that point. I got my money back the next day though, I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Right after I got my money back the wheels popped up for sale from a partner of his who is also a vendor cause he got banned lol. Gotta love these guys.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
where are these companies based out of?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's all one company. They're located in LA, but as Billy mentioned, they claim that they moved around a bit. The 370Z forum has all the info. Forged Specialties I think is from Miami.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Every month, those "forged" wheel company popping left and right. They might have some fency pic with exotic car,but it ain't make them a quality wheel company. Stay with HRE or volk. Don't trust them with some fency pic with photoshop lol

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
As far as I can tell you, HRE, ADV1, Vorsteiner, CCW, VOLK, WORK, BBS, IForged, DPE do not. I would be weary of the others. the 2 US manufactures for rim halves in the US, are ARS, which provide for HRE/ADV1 and Triangle. Ye Ming does manufacture rim halves which have terrible run out, inconsistent fitments etc.

Word to the wise if it cheap in price its probably cheap in quality. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. Your safety and the safety of those in your car are worth more than the 2k difference in a set of wheels in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Sad this guy plays with people like this. Why do people still support him?

·
Registered
860 Posts

I am a longtime friend and customer of STATUS. You guys have all your information wrong and if you knew anything about these guys and how much they've done for the car scene, you'd know they aren't just "fly-by-night" car people. First of all, DO NOT THROW Venaci Wheels in line with these Forged Specialities crooks. Have you ever seen a single complaint about Venaci wheels QUALITY? I haven't. They are horribly back-ordered and had to switch manufacturing from Japan to U.S. because of importing costs and the natural disaster happening right when the bulk of orders were placed.

I AM a G35 owner and I am on my350Z/370Z too. Did you notice that a lot of the guys who GOT their wheels never came back to say anything? Venaci is dealing with the customers as best as they can, but they aren't putting out BAD wheels. If you want your money back, then you can go through the proper channels and work with them... but to say that their SHOP, STATUS, which is unrelated to a bad manufacturer / company like these Forged Specialties guys, is uncalled for. A bunch of us SoCal GT-R guys go to STATUS and they're the most down to earth and honest guys I know with respect to telling you what's up... given, I WILL agree that they are hard to get ahold of...

Venaci, I believe, are currently still being made in Japan with the lips made privately by one of the major companies that I am not sure if I'm allowed to mention. I've seen the product and care seen to develop these wheels. The designs were carefully selected and tested... and a lot of the "discontinued" wheels from a lot of popular lines were sourced from the designers who owned them. As a customer, I realized that a lot of times, the designs themselves get sold off / private labelled if they don't sell well in a line... That's how Venaci started... they started with the private labelled Work Gnosis line that wasn't really selling... it even had the Work stamp on the wheels at one point. So please don't compare them to this company... makes those of us waiting for our Venaci's look bad...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I am a longtime friend and customer of STATUS. You guys have all your information wrong and if you knew anything about these guys and how much they've done for the car scene, you'd know they aren't just "fly-by-night" car people. First of all, DO NOT THROW Venaci Wheels in line with these Forged Specialities crooks. Have you ever seen a single complaint about Venaci wheels QUALITY? I haven't. They are horribly back-ordered and had to switch manufacturing from Japan to U.S. because of importing costs and the natural disaster happening right when the bulk of orders were placed.

I AM a G35 owner and I am on my350Z/370Z too. Did you notice that a lot of the guys who GOT their wheels never came back to say anything? Venaci is dealing with the customers as best as they can, but they aren't putting out BAD wheels. If you want your money back, then you can go through the proper channels and work with them... but to say that their SHOP, STATUS, which is unrelated to a bad manufacturer / company like these Forged Specialties guys, is uncalled for. A bunch of us SoCal GT-R guys go to STATUS and they're the most down to earth and honest guys I know with respect to telling you what's up... given, I WILL agree that they are hard to get ahold of...

Venaci, I believe, are currently still being made in Japan with the lips made privately by one of the major companies that I am not sure if I'm allowed to mention. I've seen the product and care seen to develop these wheels. The designs were carefully selected and tested... and a lot of the "discontinued" wheels from a lot of popular lines were sourced from the designers who owned them. As a customer, I realized that a lot of times, the designs themselves get sold off / private labelled if they don't sell well in a line... That's how Venaci started... they started with the private labelled Work Gnosis line that wasn't really selling... it even had the Work stamp on the wheels at one point. So please don't compare them to this company... makes those of us waiting for our Venaci's look bad...
I have a couple friends that are very close to Rick and the guys at Venaci/Status and I know for sure those wheels aren't made in the US...unless China is now part of the US.

Additionally, their "designs" are literally rip-offs of the wheels that they originally started re-branding - Work Gnosis. (Work does still make a few of the designs that Venaci copied.) The people that got their wheels had tons of complaints on the 370z board, and the people that wanted their money back had to jump through tons of hoops to make it happen and quite a few of the ones that put deposits in cash never got anything back.

You seem like another friend that hopped on the bandwagon that these guys are great and didn't do anything wrong by not delivering on wheels, becoming virtually unavailable and quietly switching over production from Japanese-made (quite a few guys ordered them on the premise that they were Work Wheels rebranded btw).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts