Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was helping my brother move and parked the gtr under a tree and some birds decided to use the gtr for target practice. I washed it off but now have this stain on the passenger quarter panel. Any ideas to get rid of it. Was looking to put gtr away for winter but now need to detail this away. I've had bird poop on my Evo a while ago and never had this stain on the paint. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

·
R35 Owner
183 Posts
Despite what Nissan thinks, the clearcoat on these cars is terrible. You will probably have to machine polish it out. The best thing I've done, as far as paint goes, is having the car ceramic coated. Bird droppings slide off by spaying any detailing spray on it. Washing the car is a breeze now. Nothing sticks to it. Look into it. It's worth the cost.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll definitely check it out. I remember have bird poop on my Evo and didn't have this kind of problem. I'll be doing some work during the week to try and get rid of the stain. Thanks for the reply.

·
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
84 Posts
Despite what Nissan thinks, the clearcoat on these cars is terrible. You will probably have to machine polish it out. The best thing I've done, as far as paint goes, is having the car ceramic coated. Bird droppings slide off by spaying any detailing spray on it. Washing the car is a breeze now. Nothing sticks to it. Look into it. It's worth the cost.
Yep, I had my car done, I get done driving and and go over it with a california duster and it looks like it was just waxed

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Can I ask a ballpark # on what you paid? Also, who you used to do it?

·
R35 Owner
183 Posts
Can I ask a ballpark # on what you paid? Also, who you used to do it?
I use Royal Image Detailing based out of Deer Park NY, but for my car he came to my shop for 2 days. Full paint correction and Ceramic Coating runs $350+. Some cars may vary depending on the time involved in correction before the coating, and my guy is very inexpensive compared to others.

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Holy shit, I'll say! AND it came with paint correction? I would've said $2k minimum but I don't know much about it. I would definitely pay that.

·
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
84 Posts
It cost me about $600 was worth it

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Double check under the hood that you don't have Nissans "Hard Clear Coat". Its a small sticker on the leading edge under the front hood. If you do, Id highly advise against trying to polish out the turd yourself unless you know paint repair.

As for paint correction- I did it myself on my wifes BMW and did a write up on it on another forum. I did it with an orbital polisher so I could prove that its a DIY project. In the end I did her car with CQuartz and used all their products. I have enough left over to do another 5-10 cars (minus the Nano coating CQuartz which is $50 a bottle). I followed the directions- its not rocket science. BYW- All the products minus the orbital I already had cost me about $150 through Autogeek. It even took the pitting out of her front headlights . Her car is a 2010- 135i.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Same that looks great. How long was it to do it.
Took me almost 6 hours and thats because it had some nasty scratches from someone who decided to drag something across the hood at one point. Had I used a buffer, it would have been about an hour faster but wanted to show it was a true DIY so I took my time. Its all about the prep with any of the ceramic coatings. Crappy prep means crappy looking final product and then it doesnt last. I just washed my wifes car after almost 1-1/2 months of road grime. Used Chemical Guys Glossworks and when I was applying the soap with the Tornado, it literally slid off the paint. Rinsed and blow dry with a leaf blower and was done. This stuff is incredible and puts all waxes/ sealants to shame.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Wait, i thought Hard Clear was the one you could polish? Its the other one - Scratch Shield that has paint correction issues since it keeps wanting to heal itself.

Double check under the hood that you don't have Nissans "Hard Clear Coat". Its a small sticker on the leading edge under the front hood. If you do, Id highly advise against trying to polish out the turd yourself unless you know paint repair.

·
NAGTROC Certified Member
683 Posts
Wait, i thought Hard Clear was the one you could polish? Its the other one - Scratch Shield that has paint correction issues since it keeps wanting to heal itself.
You are correct. Scratch Shield is the one that is a bitch to correct. Hard Clear is like any other car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts