Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Today we've got a black BMW M3 that is in dire need of some serious TLC. The customer is getting ready to sell the car, which hasn't been driven in at least 6 months, and hasn't been even washed in twice that long. The major problem is the hood and the trunk. It was repainted (bc/cc) and looks terrible. Both panels almost look grey they are so bad. We decided to do a full correction on the hood and trunk, and a two step on the rest of the vehicle. This vehicle is far from perfect, but this detail should help it sell faster and hopefully for more money. *Note-The front bumper was not touched. it is almost white with chips and is getting repainted*

Onto the process. The vehicle was foamed with a mix of XMT Shampoo and Opticlean. It was then washed with XMT soap and a GG wash sponge. The clay of choice today was Ultima Clay block with CG Luber for lube. The entire vehicle was then rinsed again and dried. There were no pictures of this process since it was done at night. I think everyone has washed a car before...lol

Next up were the wheels. Surprisingly they weren't that dirty, but needed a little help. They were cleaned with Soanx FE Wheel cleaner, while the tires and wells were cleaned with Opticlean. The wheel faces were then polished and sealed with Collinite Metal polish. the tires were dressed with Blackfire tire Dressing and the wells were dressed with Adams in and out spray.

Before:


After:




So the first panel that was addressed was the hood since it would need the most attention. After A LOT of testing I settled on wet sanding. This repaint was hard as a rock, unlike BMW's normal paint. Even a wool pad on a rotary was not touching this stuff. It was hand sanded with 1500, 2000, and 3000 (after taking paint readings of course. It was then compounded with M105 on a wool pad on my Dynabrade rotary, polished with M105 on a yellow BS pad, then with Carpro Fixxer on a tangerine pad.

Before:




notice how it looks flat here, almost like it was meant to be...lol



After:




Next up was the trunk. It was the other panel that had been rapainted at the same time. It wasn't quite as bad as the hood. Sanding was not needed, the polishing steps however, were the same as on the hood.

Before:


50/50's






After:


the rest of the vehicle had your typical swirls, and was factory paint, so it was super soft. To correct it I used Carpro Fixxer on a tangerine pad, followed by Fixxer on a crimson pad. Here are some reflection shots. Some were taken while I was working, so please excuse and dust.



















And here are the final shots.






The interior was also addressed, but it was in much better shape. It got a thourough vaccuum, all panels were wiped down and dressed with Blackfire interior dressing, and the glass was cleaned. Leather was cleaned and treated with UIGP. Sorry, no before pictures.





That's it! thanks for looking everyone, and have a very safe and happy New Year!!
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top