Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my 2012 BE. seats are more than snug. i am 6' 200lbs. been driving vipers for years and never considered fitting inside. does anybody know if the seats will give with time or can be adjusted. i may need to call Recaro.
thanks for any input.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
just got my 2012 BE. seats are more than snug. i am 6' 200lbs. been driving vipers for years and never considered fitting inside. does anybody know if the seats will give with time or can be adjusted. i may need to call Recaro.
thanks for any input.
Hell yea, the seats are SUPER firm. I just got my '12 BE and my freakin' left leg/thigh is killing me! I was concerned about the seats before I got the car. The GT-R is too good so I'll just deal with the discomfort for the next 3-years. LOL!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I almost walked when buying my '12 the seats were so snug, 6'3" 250, but the driver seat broke in and I dont notice it at all. I've spent 5 straight hours in it on a road trip and it never bothered me. As far as break in period goes, I'd say within a few hundred miles I stopped noticing the seat snugness.

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
I almost walked when buying my '12 the seats were so snug, 6'3" 250, but the driver seat broke in and I dont notice it at all. I've spent 5 straight hours in it on a road trip and it never bothered me. As far as break in period goes, I'd say within a few hundred miles I stopped noticing the seat snugness.
So, is it that the deep bolsters soften up some after a few hundred miles? The upper bolsters are great, it's just that the lower bolsters are deep, firm and wide. They should have formed them like the euro style Recaro's like Audi uses. Those are deeply bolstered but they flare out to the sides and aren't as wide.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I have been looking for some nicer aftermarket seats. I am 6"4 and 190 Pounds. Pretty thin tall guy but even I feel that I am sitting on top of the seat and not in it. I also would like more leg support. The seats are very nice, but not as nice as my viper was. Anyone else have recommendations? I even think the BE seats are terrible. They are slightly tighter but I still feel I am sitting on top of the seat and not in it.

·
Bone Stock
236 Posts
So, is it that the deep bolsters soften up some after a few hundred miles? The upper bolsters are great, it's just that the lower bolsters are deep, firm and wide. They should have formed them like the euro style Recaro's like Audi uses. Those are deeply bolstered but they flare out to the sides and aren't as wide.
The upper bolsters didn't break in much--but they were also never a problem for me. The lower bolsters broke-in within about 500 miles.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I hear the GT-R seats don't wear well over time. I've only recently bought my 2011 GT-R and have not taken the service cloth cover off them yet as I'm too affraid to wear them out.

Have you guys had any issues with the seats over time?? Are they really leather??

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
I hear the GT-R seats don't wear well over time. I've only recently bought my 2011 GT-R and have not taken the service cloth cover off them yet as I'm too affraid to wear them out.

Have you guys had any issues with the seats over time?? Are they really leather??
As long as you consistently condition your leather seats then I think they'll be fine. There isn't much you can do about the leather 'creases' that form over time from just sitting in the seat, however. The conditioning will ensure that creases don't turn into cracks and that cracks don't turn into peeling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i had lateral thigh numbness with the premium seats after anything over 60 plus minutes in the seats; I'm 6'2. 190lbs. took the car to a local interior mod shop, they bent those bars bolsters out and now theyre perfect. best mod i did to the car. when they remove the seats, need to reset the airbag warning light when they put them back in. ez fix though. cost me $200.....

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
i had lateral thigh numbness with the premium seats after anything over 60 plus minutes in the seats; I'm 6'2. 190lbs. took the car to a local interior mod shop, they bent those bars bolsters out and now theyre perfect. best mod i did to the car. when they remove the seats, need to reset the airbag warning light when they put them back in. ez fix though. cost me $200.....
I might have to do that! I am tired of feeling like i am sitting on the side bolsters and not in the seat. You are in southern california if I remember correct? Let me sit in your car to compare mine lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ya the seats may break in, but the issue is the lateral bars, and that metal aint movin. if you sit like a nun with your knees squeezed together its fine, the fix is very much worth it though. I'm in San Diego, but any shop can do it....it was like getting a new car after the fix

·
Another GT-R
253 Posts
Ok, what exactly am I suppose to tell a body shop? Do I tell them I want them to take the drivers seat out of my and bend the bolster bars outward? How can they do this without damaging the seat? Would a race tuning shop like AAM be able to do this or only a body shop?

Please explain in detail.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It sounds really stupid but I know he took the seat out and bent the bars down laterally, i think he removed the seat lining to do this but I'm not 100%; after that he put some additional padding in the center portion so i wasn't sitting so deep in the seat; i told him i didn't like it because i felt like i was sitting too high so we removed it, as it is now those bars are literally bent outwards but not too much to deform the look of the seat or anything that is noticeable, but just a few inches made all the difference to my legs. I spent some time finding the right shop, I would think it has to be a shop that does interior high end custom work, you could call Porsche and ask them where they send their cars for interior work or repairs? Thats how I found my shop.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i could pm you the name of my shop if u want to call him, he is an extremely helpfull guy and said he gets car seats all the time for adjustments for people with chronic low back pain etc....

·
Registered
75 Posts
i could pm you the name of my shop if u want to call him, he is an extremely helpfull guy and said he gets car seats all the time for adjustments for people with chronic low back pain etc....
He provided you with great service and you've given him a great review. I bet he would love the free advertising.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I drove the 2013 BE recently and felt like the seats were too snug for everyday driving....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.