What color Advan GTs would you put on a Black GTR
White1120.00%
Gloss Black4480.00%

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys/gals,

I just purchased an 09 GTR, Black in color. I've exhausted just about every wheel thread on this forum and I've decided that I really like the Advan GTs. Now comes the color choices. I've narrowed it down to Gloss Black or White. I came across a picture of a TG GTR with the White Advan GTs and the more I look and imagine, the more I tend to like the white rims... Maybe I'm weird for liking white as my wife says it looks like a Honda, but I figured who better to ask than you experts!

Attached are the pics I'm referencing. If I did white, I would have the inner barrel painted gloss black to keep down on the maintenance and to not have so much white as it may be overpowering. I'd also have black lugs and black center caps with black powder coated brakes. I have also contemplated on painting all the exterior trim along the bottom of the car to match the car (black), not the gray they are from the factory and black out the windows and side markers. Have any of you color matched the trim before?

The last pic is of a R34 w/ TE37s to show the concept of painting the barrel a different color just in case anyone wasn't sure what I meant by inner barrel. It would be black barrel and white lip/spokes.

Idk, let me know what you guys think, as I appreciate your time. If anyone is good with photoshop, could you please take these pics and turn the car black for me so we can see what it looks like? If I decide to try the white, I guess at the end of the day if the car looked horrible, I could always powdercoat the rest of the rim Gloss Black to match the inner barrel.

Thanks for the assistance!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
White would def stand out but also consider switching to the hawk pads that dust less than stock pads.

The stocks would get the factory wheels dirty driving around the block. Def would never have white stay clean.

·
Registered
200 Posts
given your choices, i'd go black. but i actually prefer the hyper black color on the advan GTs

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'll look at the Hyper Black. Yeah, I don't think many people like the white look. Dark color it is!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm a fan of white wheels. I have white on my Camaro. Love the color contrast. But yes they get dirty very easily I even run Hawks HPS pads and they get dirty lol

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Bronze

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
White Advan GTs will look good on blue R35s. You'd think the white R35s would match, but there is so much pearl in the paint that it would clash with the plain white wheels.
It's hard picking the right wheel and color for a Black gtr. I'm probably going to end up doing black or bronze GTs or TE37s. The choices are killing me

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bronze =)
That does look good. What are the specs of those 37s? Also is the car stock height?

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
115 Posts
Front = 20x10 + 30 (Face 3) with Pirelli PZero 285/35/20
Rear = 20x12 + 20 (Face 4) with Pirelli PZero 335/30/20

Pretty standard fitment for GT-R. No Rubbing whatsoever on stock height. I'd probably try Michelin Pilot Super Sports next though, since most people like them a bit better. PZeros not too bad though.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts