Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Bluetooth audio device . . . Can it be done?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jpalamaro 
#1 ·
I subscribe to a music service, Spotify, that's sort of like the old Napster of the 90's, but fee-based and legal. Virtually any music one might want is there (sans Beatles, Garth Brooks, a number of others that won't subscribe). The nice part of the service is that while you can listen to your playlists while connected Wi-Fi, 3/4G etc. once in a playlist the music can be synced to your iPhone and no internet connectivity is needed to listen to your playlist and/or waste data plan via streaming music.

I've tried unsuccessfully to pair music/audio device i.e. iPhone to the 2013 GT-R. It's really only an exercise as of course it can be cable connected, but wonder if anyone has paired an audio device's output to the GT-R via Bluetooth?

#2 ·
in the settings/setup for blue tooth, there is an option for audio & phone along with just phone if you have an 11+ so check the owners manual or just start clicking buttons, it's there.
I would love an update for mine that would allow this, there's so many podcasts and iHeartRadio that i listen to but can't through bluetooth

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
While your reply was encouraging, I've tried every setting, and touched and clicked my way thru the menus; I was even astute enough to see the differences in pairing for phone vs. audio device. As I said, more an exercise in 'can it be done', but no luck so want to actually see if ANYONE HAD REALLY DONE IT.
Thanks for your reply.

PS: The command center manual is thicker than the car/user manual. And, seems one could forget you purchased a car as opposed to an entertainment center. A buddy of mine has a new Armada and says it has an internal hard disk. I would think the GT-R would have some of the same features but I sure didn't see one in the menus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.