Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Bolt on ttr8 v10 bolt on Whipple r8 10

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mitchimaGTR 
#1 ·
Hey guys just need your Input please. R8 v10 TT700WHP R8 v10 whippled supercharged 700whp which would be all around faster 0 to 60 1/4 mile and 30mph roll. Both cars R-tronic. I understand the TT has potential for growth but for the bolt on situation what do you think? Thanks guys

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Whipple is a positive displacement blower and will have instant tq with no lag. I suspect the tt would give substantial room to grow.

Matter of fact, I doubt you could even detune to 700 wheel horsepower with twin snails added.

The Whipple would also be drastically cheaper

#4 ·
Bolt on tt v10 r8 makes around 950 to the crank , maxing out stock fuel limit and around 750-850 depending on the dyno .
Supercharged r8 v10 , costs as much as tt system because you have to add intake and exhaust and they only make 600-650whp .
tt r8 v10 also pull 60-130 5.5s ! Supercharged ones pull high 6s

#8 ·
I think there is tuning software to correct that and hold boost between shifts. Even manual cars have 'no lift shift' options with some tunes now.

that transmission is still garbage compared to any DCT though.

#9 ·
Yeah but you can run r8 v10 gt tcu program , its a lot bette than oem one.
Why do you worry about lag ? You have a 500hp na v10 engine , in which at 5000-8000rpm instead of 500hp it will make 900hp just a jump in power . It isnt a 4 cilinder car , you still have the v10 .
Ess supercharger is a nice cheap option but god they sound bad ! The whine of the supercharger will totaly overflow that magnificient v10 sound but the turbochargers will make it havenly ! I would choose underground racing bolt on tt if I were you ! 800whp on 93 and 1000whp on racegas for 35k and 2 years warrenty.
No company offers that ,because oem fuel system runs out at 850whp (7psi) and they dont include fuel system upgrade at that 35K you are paying ;)

If you really really want the supercharger there is a nice r8v10 gt with stasis supercharger for sale at 6speeonline car for sale forum

#10 ·
Porche92 thanks for the input. I currently have a v10 auto not the GT though. I'm about to pull the trigger on UGR . However I don't want to end up with a roll race car or a car that will always require something or the other to keep it running right . (I have been there b4 wasn't a happy time in my life ) .I had a supra wanted 600whp then was convinced to upgrade one item then another for efficiency. Ended up 1200hp and being towed more than I drove it. Got my gtr then the HP bug stung me and I was almost at alpha 9 which would have been perfect then I came across the r8v10 with a deal I couldn't turn down (actually came out with a profit which is rare) and boosting the r8 is the only way to go how ever I have noticed that a bolt on r8tt 900hp would not hang with an alpha 9 as the power and Tq compared are delivered differently. The v10 only puts 390tq and with the boost maybe 540. That's what bolt on e85 or less gtr makes ...catch my drift?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using GT-R Life mobile app

#11 ·
TT hands down.

I'm not a fan of positive displacement blowers on street cars. Heatsoak is a bitch. All cars get heatsoak but by far PD blowers are the worst.

Also with turbo you can vary the boost in the cockpit on the fly.

#13 ·
Congratulation about the R8 ! I wanted one for same idea , bolt on TT kit but family comes first so I got a panamera.
No problem if you have regular r8 v10 because underground racing will remap your tcu and make it shift as fast as Superleggera and GT . Ugr tt vs alpha 9 build engine will be ver similar in power , it will depend on the driver . If you like 1/4 mile also you should spend a little time on r8 forum , only because the r8 will need a special offset to run good 6feet but UGR will take care of tha also .
Ugr also have Shop cars you can testdrive ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.