Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving my car around, easy in town or hard on the streets/highways, I've always noticed a slight imbalance in boost. One bank makes more than the other by half a psi or so. Imbalance is closer under full load, like a 1/4 to 1/2 psi or so off.

Is this normal for this car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I noticed this as well after looking at logs from last year - up to 0.04 bar difference between banks 1 and 2. Since going flex fuel though, my logs show even on banks 1 and 2.

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like its always been this way for me. My car is currently fbo on flex fuel...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine reads about .3 higher on the right bank.

A friend of mine reads .3 lower on right bank.

Could this be an indication of a minor boost leak?

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm wondering. I've gone back over all the work I did on my upgrades and every thing is solid and tight, clamps on the right spots on the intake pipes.

Next step I think I'll pull the fender liners and check the intercooler piping there. It's the only place besides the intercooler itself I haven't checked.

I'm not so sure it'll Fox it as its never been apart there.

I'm thinking maybe one of the turbos is a little stronger on one side or maybe the blow off valve on one side is a little bit weak.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not unless it was where the sensor is or the vacuum line that controls the wastegate is.

The one turbo would easily make up for a small boost leak that and balance out.

Mine reads about .3 higher on the right bank.

A friend of mine reads .3 lower on right bank.

Could this be an indication of a minor boost leak?

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I even did a bank balance a day ago. still get one bank higher...

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
You know what the beautiful thing is about bank to bank boost imbalance in internal wastegates? It's near impossible to adjust them while the motor is still in the car.

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. Yea still today car is somewhere to .25 to .7 psi apart on each bank. Anywhere from easy around town driving to wot.

Oh well. Hardly ever any knock (just in town, never had any on WOT) so I ain't too worried...

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, well that's actually a relief to hear. Thanks boost logic team! Nice to hear from a vendor that it is normal.

Mr Linney said the same, hearing it twice is even more a relief.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts