Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking all over for this and can't find a clear cut answer. However, I may have missed it so I apologize if this has been answered. Even tried emailing boost logic via their website with no response. Probably just busy because of the time of year because they're a very reputable company.

I understand that the valves open up at 7psi+ to maximize airflow and will stay closed below that to reduce unwanted noise... But can the valves be manually operated, similar to an Armytrix experience?

I currently have an Armytrix stainless exhaust and am looking to possibly make the switch.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I Emailed Boost Logic the same question a few weeks back and never got a response either. I ended up ordering a Valvemaster exhaust that is also titanium and comes with a manual controller that mounts in the trunk, basically an electric pump.

In theory, the Boost Logic should work with a similar style controller but I would want confirmation and controller recommendation before ordering. I know Boost Logic is a reputable respected shop but I wasn’t confident in a timely delivery if Emails are falling behind. If you get an answer, let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
100 Posts
It is boost operated, not electronic. If you could manage to create a pressure source, then you can open them manually.

Reactions: ijreb859

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
100 Posts
Something like this will work or is there another product that you guys suggest?

Remember, the BL valved exhaust operates with 7 psi of boost. It will not open with that valve/switch combo unless there is at least 7 pounds of boost. maybe if you add a surge tank to hold pressure. But you are just complicating your life. If you wanted to control the sound of the car at all times, you should have opted for an exhaust that has an electronic valve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts